Chapter 24

Maki and Nico spent the majority of the day out around town doing as they wanted. It was a nice break from everything. The two of them had a great time. They started out at the arcade and then went walking around stores.

“Hey, Maki. I think this would look good on you,” Nico held up a dress. It was red and had sparkles all over it.

“Y-you think so?” Maki looked at it doubtfully. It was bit too showy for her liking.

Nico nodded, “Try it on.”

Maki complied and took the dress to the dressing room. She put it on and looked over herself in the mirror. Surprising she didn't have too many doubts now that she had worn it.

Maki stepped out of the room and let Nico look. She smiled and started complimenting her. Maki changed out of it and then they put it back. They weren't planning on buying anything. They were just trying things on for the sake of it.

“I'm gonna find something for you to wear.” Maki stated as she looked through all the racks.

Nico waited by her side, wondering what type of outfit she would end up having to try on. She didn't wait long as Maki pulled something out. It was a light pink dress that was decorated by flowers along the edges.

Nico took it and tried it on. She spent a few minutes just staring at herself in it in the mirror. She had to admit it was really beautiful. As she finally stepped out, she was greeted with a few comments about how cute she looked. Nico blushed slightly.

After that, they got some lunch at a small café. The rest of the day consisted of just goofing off around the town. They only returned back home as it was becoming dark.

When they got home, it was almost eight-thirty. Both of them were pretty exhausted. Maki went to go take a shower while Nico made them something for dinner. They ate and then Nico went to get a shower. Afterwards, the two of them snuggled up in their bed and fell asleep.

The next morning, they found out what had become of their report. They were woken up early by a knock on the door. Upon opening it, they were greeted by someone who was from the Child Protective organization in the town. Since Maki was technically still under her parents control, she was supposed to be adopted by other family members.

The morning went by slowly as they sat in the kitchen and discussed the options. It took a long time, but they came to an agreement. Maki would be the responsibility of her grandparents, but she was allowed to still remain living with Nico. Once that was decided, the worker left.

“Well, I guess we should go let everyone know.” Nico said.

Maki nodded, “I guess so.”

(Many years later)

“Are you nervous?” Nozomi teased a bright-faced Nico.

“M-maybe…” Nico admitted hesitantly.

Nozomi have her a reassuring smile, “You got this. Go get her.”

Nico nodded, thanked Nozomi, and then started heading down the street. Nozomi followed behind at a distance, wanting to know how it went.

Nico stopped at the park, which was empty. The sun had just started rising in the sky, coating the land in a warm glow. Before Nico stood Maki, who was unaware of the plan that was about to take place.

Nozomi stood by the streetlight closest to them and watched them with a motherly gaze. A smile slowly made its way to her lips.

“M-Maki?” Nico asked her quietly.

“Yes?” Maki replied, a puzzled expression on her face.

She had woken that morning to a note by her side telling her to come to the park for daybreak. Nico hadn't been anywhere in the house by the time she was up.

“Uh… I… I…” Nico stammered out, unsure how to start.

Maki waited silently, her mind trying to piece together what was going on.

“M-Maki… w-will you m-marry me?” Nico decided to just go straight at it and proposed.

Maki froze up her a moment. She hadn't even considered this as a possible outcome.

“Y-yes…” Maki managed to get out.

The two of them embraced and kissed. Neither were aware of Nozomi watching them. Nico had thought she stayed at her house.

Nozomi smiled at them, before she walked off, not wanting to spoil their moment together. As she was walking, she started to wonder if that day would come for her eventually.

Almost six months had passed before Maki and Nico were able to get their marriage worked out. No one in either of their families attended. But, they didn't need them anymore. Everyone in μ's was there and that was all they needed.

The wedding went well and they all celebrated through the night. It was almost two in the morning when they were finally alone. They went to bed, decided the tradition of “tying the knot” could wait. It wasn't like they hadn't already done it.

Down the road, Eli and Nozomi were the second couple to get married. They moved in with Eli's family instead of getting their own place.

After that, Nico had found out about an adoption agency willing to let gay couples adopt. It was a rare sight, so they took advantage of it. They welcome a daughter by the name of Aoki into their family. And a month later, they were asked to take in her brother, Mito, as well.

Tsubasa and Honoka ended up with a kid, though they never explained how. Her name became Hina. They has her since she was born. No one quite understood it, but decided against pressuring them for the truth. They only got engaged and hadn't set any date for a wedding.

Kotori and Umi got married almost a year later. Umi was the reason. She wasn't very confident about letting her relatives in on this relationship. But, as usual, Kotori convinced her, through indecent means, to do it. They ended up adopted two kids, Suka and Suzu, shortly after getting married.

Hanayo and Rin got engaged, but couldn't agree on how to proceed. Neither could decide a perfect wedding, so they didn't announce much else.

Everyone was happy and had everything they could need for the moment. They still would meet up and occasionally hold fake practices like they were still school idols. Everyone enjoyed it. And nothing seemed to be wrong. If something started happening, it was quickly shut down by the others. No one had many problems in their lives anymore.

The End

...

Well, it's over. I enjoyed writing this. Thank you to everyone who stuck through until the end. I'll soon start working on a new book. It'll be a LLS book.

Also, Happy Birthday, Kanan!