8. Discussions

(9th May)

You were sat in Namjoon's office discussing the different jobs you'd done over the past few days. You were very pleased to say everything had gone well and you'd gained trust from more members of his group.

You'd started feeling more confident in yourself.

"So far all the guys you've worked with have been very impressed with you," Namjoon complimented, "I've spoken with all them and Jimin, in particular, is very keen on you staying." You remembered yesterday when you'd saved him from being bitten. If you hadn't he'd probably still hate you, he'd be dead but still hate you.

"Is it true you saved him from being bitten?"

"Oh, yeah," you nodded feeling like you were at the heads office at school for being naughty.

"He and Hobi told me the story. Thank you for saving him, Y/n. I understand how easy it could have been to do nothing and watch him get bitten. His comments aren't exactly necessary sometimes," his voice had turned sombre and he looked genuine.

"I just followed my instinct," you told him feeling oddly flattered.

"It was your instinct to kill?" He questioned raising an eyebrow.

"No, to protect. I could have prevented it from happening, so I did. It's the right thing to do don't you think?"

He nodded in agreement, "It makes me think we can trust you more, you could have let it bite him, shot Hobi then you could have come back saying both of them were attacked."

You shrugged, "The thought didn't even cross my mind actually."

"Hm," he sighed observing you, "Yoongi hyung said the two of you shared a deep conversation, one that only the two of you would understand." You nodded a small smile appearing on your face.

"What was it about?" You didn't know why he asked this as you guess he'd already spoken to Yoongi about it. Why ask you after talking to Yoongi?

"Our scars," you replied, "The scratches we have. He understands what it's like and I understand how he feels."

You didn't know how long Yoongi had his scar and you'd only had yours a month so it was still pretty fresh. But you still had a connection with him. Getting attacked and scratched was more traumatic because it didn't kill you and the memories of what happened would always be there.

He paused for a second, "I'm happy the others have started to trust you more. I'll admit, I'm still wary about you. You're still a mystery to all of us, as we are to you, but the fact that you're making an effort makes me optimistic. You're trying and that's good. Only time will tell."

You nodded in agreement, "I'm feeling better the longer I'm here. I haven't socialised with anyone outside of your group but I'm not going to try yet. I feel like I haven't been here long enough to start making friends."

"You don't have to, Y/n. We're the leaders in this little community we've built. It would be nice to see you talking to some other people even if you don't have the thought to be friends with them. Everyone had trust issues just try your best."

You could see why the others looked up to him as their leader he was very level headed and knew exactly what and when to speak.