49. Emergency Exit

(30th June)

"Will you stop?!" You jokingly complained as Jungkook attempted to trip you up for the millionth time as you walked down the road.

The group had gone down through the building and continued to head towards the Hosptial. Everyone was in a pretty good mood after getting a good nights sleep of the past 3 nights and a small amount of water was found so that had been separated into your canteens

You looked up the road and felt one of your legs knock sideways into the other one. "Jungkook," you warned your voice low as you heard him and Jimin sniggering behind you. You didn't want to ruin their good mood but if you fell flat on your face because of them you'd shoot them both without a second thought.

You felt yourself trip again and pulled out your knife pointing it at Jimin and Jungkook. "I swear down..." you threatened, struggling to keep a straight face, "The next one to trip me up won't wake up tomorrow morning."

When you turned back around you saw Jin and Namjoon raise their eyebrows at the two younger members of the group, you hoped that would be enough to stop them tripping you.

"How much further?" Yoongi asked as you walked next to him.

"Hopefully not far, if everything goes to plan we should get there by tomorrow." Each member smiled, happy at the thought that you were close to finishing your long and dangerous journey.

"Don't you dare," Yoongi growled turning around walking backwards facing his younger friends.

"Hyung," Jimin moaned like a child, "How did you know?" By the looks of it Jimin had attempted to trip Yoongi but, because Yoongi was a genius, he knew Jimin was going to do it.

"Because I'm a genius," Yoongi replied shrugging cockily. 

After another few minutes of silence, you felt your leg knock into your other one again and you stumbled forward. At the same time, a gunshot sounded nearby and the bullet landed in an upside-down car that had been behind your head. 

"SNIPER!" Taehyung shouted and the group began sprinting for cover as another shot was fired. 

Your heart rate picked up and your legs felt like jelly as you hid in an alleyway with Jungkook and Namjoon. None of you said anything as you caught your breath and you chanced a glance around the corner to look up the road. 

"Can you see any of the others?" Namjoon asked standing next to you with his back flat against the wall.

"No," you answered, "Can't see the shooter either."

"Do you think it's Baehyun?" Jungkook asked standing the other side of Namjoon.

"Maybe," you replied chancing another glance but quickly retracting your head when a bullet smashed into the wall next to your face. 

"Whoever it is we can't stay here." Namjoon started, "Biters will hear the shots." 

"Agreed," you and Jungkook both replied at the same time. 

"Should we make a run for it? We haven't got enough ammo to fight."

Namjoon nodded to Jungkook's question. 

"Anyone there? Over." Namjoon spoke into his walkie talkie quickly. 

"We're alright. Over," Jin's voice responded which made Namjoon visibly relax.

"Where are you guys? Over."

"Me, Jimin and Tae are in a pet shop a little up the road from where you guys are. Hobi and Yoongi are across the road from us behind a car. No injuries as far as I know. Over."