17. Messy Return

(22nd May)

"Oh shit," you repeated moving forward to look at Jimin. He was being held up by Jungkook who looked exhausted himself. His normally glowing face was pale and he had dark circles under his eyes.

"He was shot in the abdomen," he told you heaving Jimin up higher on the horse so he wouldn't slip.

You pulled up Jimin's shirt and saw a bandage soaked with blood. "We need to get him inside," you told them, "Keep going."

Hobi started leading the horses again and you helped Jungkook hold Jimin straight. Namjoon and the others had just caught up and Hobi was telling them what he'd just told you.

Your emotions were in a messy blur. You were so relieved to see all of them come back, you were curious as to what happened and worried about Jimin. Just getting him back to the house had covered you in his blood as well, you put pressure on the wound trying to stop the flow.

How long had he been like this?

The boys carried him inside and Hobi left to sort the horses out. Jungkook nodded to you then followed the others inside. You went into the house and to the sofa where they'd put Jimin. Everyone gave Namjoon some space to examine him.

"There's no exit wound," he said putting his hand to Jimin's back.

"Meaning?" Taehyung asked his face very pale and his eyes wide.

"The bullet is still inside him." You replied for Namjoon who nodded seriously.

"What do we do?" Jin asked his voice slightly shaky.

"Take his shirt and jacket off," Namjoon instructed his eyebrows furrowed together as he thought. Yoongi and Jin did as he asked and carefully removed Jimin's bloody clothes.

Namjoon walked over to you a serious look in his eye. "Look Y/n, I used to be a trainee doctor in one of those Government Camps and I know that the bullet needs to come out or he will die. The bad part is I have no tools or anything," he paused looking down at your hands.

Your brain clicked understanding what he meant, "No, I can't. I can't do it!"

"Yes you can, you need to if he's gonna survive."

You looked over at the pale Jimin, his eyes rolling in his head slightly.

It took every ounce of strength in you to nod your head and quickly walk to the sink and wash your hands as thoroughly as you could.

"Here," Jin poured alcohol on both your arms and hands to use as a disinfectant, "Do you want a shot of it too?"

You grabbed the bottle from his hand and downed a mouthful of the strong liquid.

The boys including Hobi, who'd returned from the horses, was now stood in a semi-circle facing Jimin. Namjoon was at his head talking softly to him, he looked back at you when you returned.

"It's alright, I'm going to be here talking to you," he spoke encouragingly. You swallowed and knelt down next to Jimin.

"I'm so sorry," you whispered to him trying not to cry, he smiled weakly at you. "What do I do?" Namjoon pulled back the bandage on Jimin's stomach to the right of his belly button. There was a small hole that was bleeding profusely.