47. Rooftop camp

(26th June)

"How do we get past these guys then?" Jin asked.

The group was hidden behind the corner of the building peering around it cautiously. Around 100 or more Biters were packed onto the road blocking your group from getting through it.

"I have no idea," Namjoon shrugged looking at a loss for ideas.

"There's too many to distract and outrun," Yoongi added slumping down and sitting on the floor, "Plus, I don't know about you guys but I'm running low on water."

No one wanted to admit it but you were low on water, if you weren't careful dehydration would kill your before Biters or Baehyun even got close.

"That's the next thing to worry about," Hobi sighed, "But how do we get past them, we can't go through them, or around them and I don't feel like digging under them."

The group got into a discussion about how to get past them but an idea came into your head. You peered around the corner looking at the buildings if you couldn't go around them maybe you could go over them.

"What you thinking Y/N?" Jungkook asked noticing you had your thinking face on.

The group went silent clearly hoping you were gonna come up with a genius idea that would save everyone. They might just be in luck today.

"Let's go over them," they processed your idea with blank faces so you continued with your idea. "Over there is a ladder that goes up to the roof."

They looked at where you were pointing, "Oh yeah," Tae nodded a look of hope on his face.

"Now, unless I'm very wrong, we should be able to escape from the Biters and we should find somewhere to stay tonight. We can just hope that there is a way down or it's close enough to the next building to jump across."

"That's risky," Namjoon responded to your idea, "But it's the best we've got and I don't think anyone wants to sleep on the streets tonight."

"We all agreed then?" You asked knowing they'd say yes.

Everyone nodded and moved a step or so closer to you.

"God I hope this works," You muttered as everyone started making their way to the building with the ladder, carefully so you wouldn't get noticed by the Biters.

"Your plans have never let us down before," Jungkook whispered encouragingly from behind you.

"Let's not jinx it, last time you said that I ended up going for a swim."

"Good point," he chuckled with a hint of guilt in his comforting voice.

You both fell silent as you got closer to the Biters knowing that chaos would rain down upon you if you were spotted before you got close to the ladder.

"Don't see us, don't see us," Yoongi was muttering under his breath but he was just saying what everyone was thinking.

The moans and wails of the Biters got louder as you got closer and now the ladder was around 25 meters away, you were so close.

But a loud crashing noise made everyone look up, Namjoon had tripped over a bin and it rolled away rattling loudly against the floor. Everyone froze watching the Biters.

Slowly but surely they spotted the edible humans and began limping, hopping and running over as fast as their dead legs could carry them, roaring and screaming as they went.

"RUN!" You shouted as everyone began sprinting over to the ladder. Namjoon was the first one up, then Jin, next was Taehyung.

Everyone on the ground had to pick up bits of pipe and wood to whack the first Biters that came near them. "Go, go!" You shouted to Jungkook, Yoongi and Jimin who were next to you.