23. Hand her over

(29th May)

Yourself and the rest of the group were on high alert as you passed through the town. The boarded-up houses on either side of the road made you nervous and the cars abandoned in the road forced you to walk in single file, zig-zagging around to avoid them.

"I don't like this place," you whispered to Jungkook who cocked his gun hold it close to his chest.

"I don't like it either. Just relax we will get through it." He told you calmingly, you took a deep breath and tried to shake off your worries. Stressing about it wasn't going to make it any easier.

After about 20 minutes, your feeling of worry got worse.

You felt like you were being watched now, watched by unfriendly eyes. You tried not to overthink it, knowing it would worry the others. You pulled Lady to a stop as Taehyung and Jimin stopped in front of you too. You moved Lady sideways slightly so you had a clearer view of why you'd stopped.

There was barb wire covering the road and a sign that very clearly read:

Turn back or die!

It was written in red but you didn't think it was paint...

"What do we do?" Jungkook asked trying not to be too loud.

"We can't turn back now, Baehyun will catch up to us," Namjoon replied.

You looked around eyes flicking in every direction for any signs of movement. This was not good, fear was flowing through you and your heart was pounding loudly against your chest. You forced yourself not to overthink, that would just make you panic.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" An unknown male voice spoke in the silence.

Your head snapped in the direction of the voice and saw a middle-aged man walking across the road towards you. He wasn't alone, he was followed by five men all holding bats and guns watching you closely. Their faces were covered by masks and hoods making it impossible to tell how old they were.

"We're just passing through. We don't want any trouble," Namjoon replied in a confident, yet polite voice.

"Well, that's fine," the first one spoke sounding cocky and sarcastic. "We can let you through, then can't we? Not quite we require want payment of some type. Ammo, guns, food you get the idea."

"I'm sure we can come to some sort of agreement," Namjoon nodded calmly.

One of the men was gazing at you, his eyes narrowed slightly as if he was trying to figure something out. You avoided his eye contact looking down at the floor.

"Hey Boss," he got his attention, "They've got a girl with them." The first man froze and looked at you closely, the other men did the same making you feel like you were under a bright spotlight. Jimin and Taehyung moved their horse so they were blocking you from view.

"New plan, you can pass through completely unharmed with your horses and all your supplies. As long as you hand her over as payment," their leader pointed a finger at you, his eyes creasing like he was smirking.

"No chance!" Jungkook retorted instantly anger laced in every layer of his voice. His grip on your waist tightened making you feel slightly more comfortable. They were never going to let you go.