44. Almost lost

(26th June)

Namjoon lowered his gun and hugged you tightly. When he pulled away you could see how stressed he'd been while you'd been split up. His skin was pale and he looked tired. It'd only been a day a few hours but not being together had really taken its toll on him. 

"We nearly there," you told him beating another Biter around the head as it ran towards you and Namjoon, "The water's shallow so we must be near the end."

"Yeah," he muttered then everything went quiet.

Jimin killed the last Biter that was clawing at something under the water and then he suddenly lunged forward, "HYUNG!"

Everyone ran over to him as he pulled an unconscious Jin from out of the water. "What happened?" You asked Namjoon.

"We got attacked and I lost track of him," tears started pouring down his face at the sight of Jin, he was pale and wasn't breathing from the looks of it.

"We need to get him somewhere where there's no water," you ordered looking around quickly, Jin couldn't be dead, he was the glue that held everyone together. "This way."

The boys picked Jin up and quickly carried him over to a car bonnet where he was laid on it gently.

"Starting compressions," Namjoon said a tough look in his watery eyes as he began giving Jin CPR.

There was nothing else anyone could do as he worked pumping his hands hard on Jin's unbreathing chest and counting quietly to himself. You felt a tug on your hand and Jimin and Tae appeared with tears in their eyes. They gripped onto your hands tightly and stood close to you. Hobi joined you a second later his arms around all three of you his chin resting on top of your shoulder.

Namjoon suddenly stopped and broke down in tears but he couldn't stop now this was a crucial time if stopped Jin was gone for good. You broke free of the boys and took over from Namjoon who retreated to hug the guys.

"Come on, oppa," you whispered quietly your tears falling into Jin's chest, already wet chest.

You bent down and gave him three big mouth to mouth breaths. Nothing happened so you tried again. You couldn't lose him. Jin was the glue that held everyone together. His windshield laugh, broad shoulders and instinct to keep everyone safe was so precious. You loved Jin like an older brother and you couldn't lose him, you refused to. 

"Y/N," Taehyung tried to stop you as his voice broke, "He's not coming back."

You knew he was right you broke down in tears resting your forehead on Jin's chest, "Wake up you ugly pabo," you complained gripping his shirt tightly.

You were suddenly thrown off Jin's chest onto the floor as he sat up and cough violently to get the water out of his lungs. You stood up and moved over to him again as he laid back down his eyes half-open.

"Don't call me ugly."

The group breathed a sigh of relief at his weak words and moved forward to see if he was alright.

"I thought we almost lost you there hyung," Hobi said smiling despite his tears.

"Felt like I was almost gone," he agreed holding Hobi's hand and chuckling weakly.

You felt hands on your shoulders and you turned to see Namjoon, "Thank you, Y/N." He hugged you tightly again and cried into your shoulder. You couldn't help but cry with him. All the stress and worry from the last few hours came out onto Namjoons shoulder.

When you broke apart Jin was sitting up resting his hands on his knees to support him, "Come on guys, stop crying. I haven't gone just yet."

Namjoon turned and Jin pulled him into a tight hug, "I was scared we'd lost you."