30. Bonding time

(17th June)

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" Jungkook asked you quietly.

You, Jungkook, Yoongi and Jin were planning to go exploring in the town to see if you could find any type of supplies that hadn't yet been found.

This was your first mission outside since your ankle injury and Jungkook was being very protective about you. You knew he was only worried for your safety but you had been trapped in the Town Hall for weeks while you recovered. You needed to get outside and do something before you went insane.

"I'll be fine," you told him making sure Namjoon wasn't listening but he was busy talking to Jin. The leader had been slightly reluctant to let you go in case you weren't 200%. You'd told him this was the perfect time to test it. Better to test now than wait, get attacked then see if you were strong enough.

"Fine," he sighed looking torn, "But I'm staying with you." You nodded smiling at him, you didn't mind if he wanted to stay with you.

"You love birds ready?" Yoongi asked walking past you and Jungkook as he swung his rucksack onto his shoulders.

"Yep," Jungkook nodded ignoring Yoongi's comment.

At that moment Namjoon turned away from Jin and face the three of you. He looked pretty calm his light brown hair was shining due to the sun that was pouring through a window.

"You guys know what you're doing so I'm not going to give you a pep talk," he smiled showing his cute dimples. He picked up a box and started offering it round to you. "You've got a new radio each so you can talk to Jimin and me, we'll be in the room downstairs and Taehyung will be on the roof keeping an eye on you all. You'll also be able to talk to each other so don't piss each other off."

Everyone chuckled slightly as you took one and clipped it to the pocket on your jeans.

"If you find anything worth using bring it back. Because we are in a smaller area you can come back, drop something off and go again I don't mind. As long as you're all back before dark." Everyone nodded in response, "See you later, don't have too much fun."

There was a chorus of, "See you later," and, "Bye, Namjoon," as the four of you jogged out the door.

Yoongi and Jin turned left to check out the left side of town while you and Jungkook went right. You hadn't explored much around the town so you were excited to see what was around. Most of the houses looked destroyed from the outside, their windows smacked, doors nailed shut with planks of wood or bits of scrap material.

You wondered what the town would have looked like before the infection spread. You imagined it was a happy and welcoming neighbourhood. It was the type of place where you could borrow a cup of sugar from your next-door neighbour and everyone was happy to help. You knew that was a very naive way of thinking about it but this world was cruel and it was nice to picture somewhere nice every so often.

"We haven't heard anything from Baehyun in a while," Jungkook made conversation as the two of you walked down the middle of the road trying to find a house that wasn't boarded up. "Think he's given up trying to find us?"

"No," you shook your head not looking at him, "That's not his style. Baehyun is very stubborn, I don't think he'll stop until he gets us all."

"Or we kill him first?" He smiled a flash of optimism flashing on his cute face. You chuckled and nodded, you feared that would be the only way to stop Baehyun.