28. Group meeting

(10th June)

Everyone settled down on the sofas and chairs dotted around in the main room waiting for Namjoon to start the discussion. You were resting your legs on Jungkook's lap as he sat next to you the two of you completely forgetting the argument you'd been having before Jimin shouted everyone down to the basement.

"What you thinking Namjoon oppa?" You asked breaking the silence. Namjoon was stood up his fingers locked together under his chin. His eyes were unfocused and his eyebrows were so close together they almost joined in the middle, you'd never seen him this deep in thought before.

"I think it could go two ways," he started making everyone freeze, "We could go and all die on the way or we could get there and be killed before we're even allowed to enter, or they could let us in and our problems are solved. We could stay here risk getting caught by Baehyun if he tracks us but we won't get killed by Biters on the road."

You nodded understanding his point. In your opinion, the reward was greater than the risk, no matter where you went or stayed Biters would always be a threat. At least if you went somewhere with a lot of people there was a possible chance of them getting eaten before you.

"Let's go around the group and say our opinions. This is a big decision and I want to say what they have to say, you start Y/n," Namjoon ordered still standing up.

"Personally, I think we should take this opportunity and go. Yes, the risk of running into more Biters in extremely high but the risk of getting overrun by them is high no matter where you are. I'm just thinking that our futures might last a day or two longer if we have more eyes, guns and people for protection. Yeah, we might not trust them, but we can watch out for each other before anyone else." 

You said what you'd thought a moment ago, this was a good opportunity and you didn't want to lose it.

Next was Jungkook, "I agree with Y/n, we could have better opportunities if we go somewhere that's like a normal organisation. More people do come with more problems but if we stick together then it could be for the best. Who knows, maybe we could stay there for years and eventually start our own families. Live somewhat longer than we might if we're on our own." 

When he said this he squeezed your good ankle that was still resting on his lap. You weren't sure what he meant by that but you knew it was what he wanted. He wanted to experience the normal kind of things that his parents did.

Taehyung went next, "I think it's very risky and who even says that we'll like it when we get there. Personally, I think us staying together and alive is more important, you guys mean too much to me to just risk it on somewhere like that." 

He did have a point but like you said the risk of Biters can't be decreased no matter where you were. One of you could get bitten anywhere at any time and that would be the end of the line for that person. Whether you wanted it or not.

Yoongi sighed before talking, "I'm thinking something similar to Y/n and Jungkook. I don't want to spend the rest of my living life running from Biters and Baehyun if there is a chance of being safe in the long run. I know it's not completely safe but it's probably better than this place. With the risk of getting there; we've made it this far, we all have each other's back, if we keep going the way we're going I think it could work."

Jimin looked unsure, "I think it's a good idea and the reward is good but if we run into trouble as we did getting to this place we are screwed. Remember what the old guy said about protecting Y/n because men would hurt her," He paused for a second clearly thinking, "I'm just thinking that if one of us hurts themselves, gets shot or something more serious than an ankle injury then I think we're going to be extremely vulnerable."

Jimin had a very good point, you had been terrified when the men had attacked you and it had taken everyone a few hours to completely relax from the encounter. If you were attacked again you might not be so lucky. If everyone was attacked on the road with nowhere safe to fight or hide it would be the end. At least you were safe in this place, it had good lookout views and supplies, plus an entire village with it. Maybe the next place won't be as luxurious and spacious.

"Honestly, I don't know," Hobi sighed, "We're safe here for now but the supplies will run out eventually and Baehyun has more chance of tracking us to here than he does in Seoul. They both have their pros and cons but at the end of the day, we're all going to die one day so why die hiding? In the long run, we should try for this safe place, but we're going to need to take thing one day at a time until that point." Hobi had never sounded so serious and dark before, the light was gone from his eyes and he looked determined. It was scary.

Finally, everyone looked at Jin. "I'm happy to go to this place because Yoongi is right we have made it this far. However, Seoul is a long way and we won't have the motivation to get there on foot, we need transport whether that's horses or cars, heck I'll even ride a bike."

Jungkook and Hobi immediately smiled at each other excitedly. 

"What?" Jimin asked them voicing everyone's confusion.

"While me and hyung went out scouting today we found two trucks that are both in good enough condition to drive," Jungkook explained smiling.

"We also found an open house that we full of clothes, we grabbed some for everyone so we can have fresh clothes now," Hobi added as a positive.

"That is good," Namjoon nodded, "I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we will all feel safer if we take cars. Yes, they are louder but we can easily outrun or should I say outdrive Biters in a car." Everyone nodded in response. "I think we should vote on it. All those in favour of going to Seoul?" Namjoon asked raising his hand.

You, Jungkook, Yoongi and Jimin also raised your hands quickly but the others took a moment before slowly raising them too. "Good, that settles it then. I think we should leave when everyone is up to full strength and the cars are in decent condition." Namjoon looked at you and Jimin when he said everyone up to full strength.

"The meeting is disbanded, apart from Y/n and Jimin I want to check over both your injuries."

Everyone got up and left as you and Jimin walked closer to Namjoon. Jungkook glanced at you but you nodded to him which told him you would see him later. He jogged up the stairs and into your shared room.

"How's your wound?" Namjoon asked Jimin pulling up his shirt you noticed he didn't need to wear bandages anymore. You peered around Namjoon curious as to how Jimin's wound was looking after the weeks. It was looking much better, the swelling had gone down and it had healed over, it was on the way to recovery. It would leave a pretty impressive scar in the end though.

"Feeling better?" Namjoon asked and Jimin nodded,

"I've barely been feeling any pain."

"Good," Namjoon dropped Jimin's shirt.

"Lift it back up, Y/n was enjoying the view," Jimin smirked watching your reaction. 

You glared at him thinking of how good Jungkook's abs were but you weren't going to say that. You didn't need anyone suspecting that you and Jungkook were up to something. Not that you were, nothing had happened past the kiss. 

Namjoon now turned to you making you sit back on the sofa and kneeling down so he could properly examine your ankle, "How's your ankle?"

"Better," then you thought about the real answer, "I think I need another week though."

"That's fine," Namjoon nodded pressing your ankle in places to see if you flinched, "As you decided to ditch the walking stick earlier I think you need to keep moving a little bit because sitting down all the time won't strengthen it. We won't move anywhere until you're completely better anyway."

"Thanks," you smiled feeling reassured.

"Let me know if either of you starts feeling any pain and I'll take a look at it again." You and Jimin both nodded and Namjoon left.

You left Jimin, who collapsed onto the sofa to get some rest and made your way up to your room to get some rest too. As much as you didn't want to admit that your ankle was sore, it was sore and the pain was making you tired. It was now very important that you didn't mess it up or make it worse as you didn't want to delay the trip to Seoul any longer than was necessary.