25. Close call

(29th May)

"Thank you, Jimin," you smiled as he appeared in the doorway holding cans of food for you and Jungkook later that afternoon.  

"Jin hyung said there is loads of food here so we have enough for a can each tonight."

"That's good," Jungkook agreed taking the cans off Jimin and passing one to you with a spoon sticking out the top.

"There are some tinned fruits down here if you want some after," Jimin called as he walked back down the corridor.

"Thanks, hyung," Jungkook shouted happily digging into his food.

You started to eat yours as well. You hadn't realised how hungry you were until the first spoon of beans entered your mouth, you savoured in the taste of it. Jungkook seemed to be starving as well and both of you had finished eating in a matter of minutes.

"That was good, I was starving," he said putting the cans on the desk pushed against the wall.

"Yeah same," you smiled nodding. Jungkook sat back down and winced holding his ribs. "What's wrong?" You asked worriedly sitting more forwards and holding one of his shoulders.

"Nothing I just," he stopped and you knew what he was going to say.

"Jungkook oppa, please let me clean them." He looked into your eyes and saw the sincerity and worry behind your words.

"Okay," he nodded and started to take off his shirt as you reached for the medkit Namjoon and Jin left.

When you turned back around he was sat opposite from you completely shirtless. This wasn't the first time you had seen him shirtless but the sight of his chocolate abs made you nearly blush. 

"Like what to see?" He asked leaning back on his palms making you have to go closer to him to examine his wounds properly.

"Shut up," you rolled your eyes casually examining his ribs and stomach. They were both covered in red and purple bruising. "That guy really gave you a kicking, didn't he?" You muttered absently as you ran your fingers gently over his ribs to see if any were broken.

After a moment you looked up at him, "I don't think he broke any of your ribs but you're lucky. It was close with the force he was using to kick you."

"Takes more than that to get me," he smirked flexing both his biceps to show off his big muscles. You just laughing then rolled your eyes reaching for the disinfectant bottle and a piece of cloth.

"This might sting," you told him feeling guilty as you started dabbing the cloth onto the cuts on his face. He grimaced slightly but didn't pull away from you. He was taking advantage of being so close to you and he was examining your face like he was taking in every detail. Like he'd never been allowed this close and he was using the time to see everything on your face. 

"What?" Your eyebrows furrowed when you started feeling embarrassed due to his expression.

"Nothing," he sighed still looking at you, "I guess, I'm just admiring you." You deadpanned to him and raised an eyebrow trying to hide your feeling of happiness at his words.

"I'm curious about you, Y/n," he admitted tilting his head cutely to the side his cheek dipping as he bit the inside of his cheek.

"What about?" You ask taking a new piece of cloth covering it in disinfectant and dabbing at his cuts cleaning the dried blood off his face.

"Everything. Tell me about yourself." It was a statement, not a question.

"Ok," you nodded thinking about something worth telling him.

"I don't want just the interesting things I want everything. Even the details you might think are stupid to me you're an interesting person." You smiled at the amount he wanted to know. No one had ever wanted to know before.