22. Town

(29th May)

You'd been woken up by someone gently shaking you awake.

"Y/n, wake up," it was Namjoon, "We need to get going." Then he moved away to wake up the next member.

Sunlight was streaming in through the gaps between the wooden planks pressed up against the windows and the sound of birds could be heard chirping loudly.

You sat up feeling something heavy flop into your lap. Looking down you saw it was Jungkook's arm. Looking right you saw him asleep next to you.

You must've fallen asleep close to him last night after waking Taehyung up to keep watch. You guessed by his position he'd fallen asleep after his watch beside you. Which had led to spooning. One of his arms protectively around your waist and his chest pressed against your back.

You could feel stiffness brewing in your hips and legs as you moved more, sleeping on a hard floor all night wasn't comfortable. You couldn't do anything about it though. Life was hard, you had to get used to sleeping in different and uncomfortable places.

You sighed feeling slightly guilty for needing to wake him up, he looked so peaceful and cute when he slept. "Jungkook," you whispered. His eyes flicked open instantly and he looked at you his eyelids slightly puffy.

"You alright?" He asked not moving.

"Yeah, I'm okay," you yawned, "It's morning and we need to get going."

He nodded and sat up running his fingers through his dark hair pushing it off his forehead for a moment. He looked really attractive when he did that, you'd never noticed before.

"How did you get him up?" Hobi asked pulling you out of your thoughts and nodding to Jungkook, "He's normally impossible to wake up. We worry sometimes if he's died in his sleep."

You glanced back at Jungkook who shrugged smiling slightly. Either Hobi was over-exaggerating or Jungkook just woke up easily when you tried.

"Breakfast?" Jin asked you offering a can of peaches as you helped pack the supplies onto the horses.

You didn't really feel hungry but you knew there was nothing else until later. You nodded and took the can, Jungkook appeared on your left and took one slipping it into his mouth. You glared at him and he chuckled sucking the sweet peach juice off his fingertips smirking. Ugh. He's too attractive for his own good.

"Come on, let's get going," Namjoon urged coming out of the church and swinging his jacket on.

It was at that moment that you realised how much you respected Namjoon as a person.

When you were with Baehyun he just described Namjoon as 'just another target' But as you'd got to know him, you'd learned to admire and respect him so much more. By the way the other guys acted around him you could tell they would do anything for him. They would walk to their deaths beside him if he asked without a second thought.

That kind of loyalty was hard to come by, people say they're loyal but run away at the first sign of things going bad. These guys have stuck together through everything no matter how hard things got.

"Y/n?" Jungkook questioned snapping you out of your daze, "You there?"

"Yeah, sorry I was just thinking," you replied chuckling so he wouldn't worry.