55. Final destination

(4th July)

It was impossible to argue that the most beautiful sight. Apart from Jungkook's chocolate abs was a sunrise you know you shouldn't have seen. The wind whipped around your face making your hair flow behind you. You closed your eyes as the warm sun hit your face warming it comfortably, you didn't think you'd see another sunrise after the few nights you just had. You took a deep breath in and let it out your mouth feeling your body relax despite being sore and in pain. 

"It's beautiful," Jin breathed looking out over the sunrise and making the sky go golden.

"Yeah, it is." Namjoon agreed. 

The group was stood on a small hill in the middle of a park looking out over the city while the sun rose on a morning they didn't think they'd be alive to see. After escaping from the Station you and Jungkook had left as quickly as you could and met up with the others in a small abandoned hotel where you'd stayed for a few hours to sleep, now you've left and started heading to the Hospital for the final length of the journey. 

"There it is," Yoongi pointed to a sign not too far away that was the Hospital building. 

"Finally," Hobi sighed looking extremely tired, he'd been half-carrying Taehyung for the past 30 minutes but denied he needed help when asked. 

"Let's finish the journey shall we?" Jimin had a smile on his face despite having a black eye, a deep cut on his lip and a bruise on his cheekbone yet he looked hopeful. You could see the branded B on his neck that still looked red and sore. Everyone's brand marks were red and sore, you could feel yours still stinging lightly. 

The group began to move again, the steps down the hill were abandoned and half-broken making the difficult to get down, you felt sorry for Tae. Namjoon had tried his best to fix up his knee but Tae would need crutches and a few months for it to heal properly.

When you reached the bottom of the steps you felt yourself slip forward, you would've landed on your face if Jungkook hadn't caught you. 

"Thanks," you felt yourself blush as you looked him in the eye and he set you back on your feet.

"Watch where you're going," he chuckled as you carried on heading towards the Hospital and, hopefully, safety. 

"We haven't talked much, since the station," you prompted. He'd been distant since what happened at Baehyun's and you'd missed him.

"Yeah," he nodded rubbing the back of his neck looking uncomfortable. "I'm sorry, you just.... you scared me when you ran away like that. I care about you and when Yoongi came to get you and told us you'd vanished, it scared me. It scared me more than anything that's happened to us. Please, promise me you'll never do anything like that again." He stopped walking and looked deep into your eyes.

"I promise," you nodded without hesitation.

"Good." He continued walked and you followed him feeling better.

"I didn't want to leave and it ate me alive to do it. I just couldn't stand thinking about you guys getting killed to save me." 

"It's alright, I'd do the same thing," he took hold of your hand and lacing your fingers together while you walked. "When we get to a safe place, we can talk properly. About us." 

"I'd like that," you smiled gazing up at his glowing face and dark hair, after cleaning his wounds you'd realised he was lucky with how much he got beat up. The worst wound he got was Baehyun stabbing him in the leg and the brand mark on his forearm. 

After going around a few more corners you realised you hadn't seen a Biter in ages. "Anyone noticed the lack of Biters?"

"Yeah," Taehyung nodded sounding nervous.