24. A safe place to rest

(29th May)

"Come on guys, let's get going." Namjoon pushed clapping his hands trying to motivate the group to move. You tried to ignore the pain your ankle and attempted to stand up. You were immediately helped by Yoongi and Jin who half-carried you back to the final horse, Hugo, who Jimin had hidden in a garage nearby.

Taehyung jogged off to go and retrieve your weapons that'd been attached to Lady. You tried not to look at the horse's dead bodies, Lady was your favourite out of the group. Her rearing up had actually saved you, if she hadn't done it you would have been shot instead.

"Here," Jungkook grabbed Hugo and walked him towards you. The three of them carefully lifted you onto the horses' back where you were forced to sit sidesaddle. "You gonna be alright?" Jungkook asked taking the horses reins to lead him. 

You nodded taking deep breaths and trying to focus on something other than the pain. It was slowly starting to get worse as your body calmed down, you felt like you wanted to vomit already.

"Let's try and find somewhere as quickly as possible. Keep your eyes open for anything and keep guns ready. If we can find these guys hideout we might find some good supplies." Namjoon ordered as he walked to the front of the group to lead the way.

"But what if there's more of them," Yoongi started a conversation moving to the front with Namjoon.

"If you feel like you're going to fall tell us," Taehyung said walking one side of you and Hobi went the other side.

"Thanks, oppa," You wheezed slightly your throat still hurting a lot.

"Here," Tae passed you your pistol and you held it tightly feeling safer holding it.

"Did anyone loot the bodies?" You asked quietly gesturing to the dead men on the floor blood soaking into the floor around each of them.

"Yoongi hyung did," Jimin replied from behind you. You nodded and didn't say anything else, you needed to save your energy.

After turning down a few deserted roads you spotted a Town Hall. You nudged Taehyung with your good foot and pointed your throat too sore to talk. 

"Namjoon hyung, Y/n spotted a Town Hall. Will that do?" Namjoon looked in the direction you were pointing and nodded.

"That'll be fine, as long as it's empty."

As you neared it you noticed it was in the perfect position to make camp. It was in the centre of town, a high fence around it with heavy-looking double doors and a balcony on the second floor where wooden boards had been placed, perfect for a lookout.

"You guys wait here," Namjoon spoke to you, Jungkook, Hobi, Tae and Jimin. "The rest of us will check what's inside." You glanced around feeling nervous as they opened the door and disappeared inside. It wasn't getting dark yet but after being in the gunfight you were feeling very jumpy. You felt your hands shaking so you gripped your pistol your eyes wide.

"It's clear," Yoongi hurried out a moment later, "It's the place where the guys attacked us were based. There are beds, food and supplies. Namjoon said we should be safe here." You nodded feeling relieved.

Jungkook helped you off Hugo's back and carried you bridal style into the Town Hall.

The interior wasn't as messy as you expected it to be. 

The main room was run down, the grand carvings and paintings on the walls looked like it used to be well looked after. Wooden boards were pressed against each widow with narrow gaps between each so you could look through. A wooden cabinet was by the wall near the door and you assumed it was used to stop the door being opened from the outside.