45. Escape story

(26th June)

"I can't believe we're out," you sighed breathing in the fresh air.

You, Namjoon, Jin, Tae, Hobi and Jimin had finally made it to the other end of the tunnel. It was still dark outside and you guess it was very early morning, maybe about 3 am. Everyone was tired with sore feet and worried about the two missing members.

"I'm so tired," Taehyung complained collapsing to the floor and lying on his front.

"Let's make camp here, we know this end of the tunnel is empty so we're safe for now," Namjoon told everyone.

The entire group collapsed onto the floor at the same time, you were one of them and found yourself curled up using your bag as a pillow and shirt as a blanket you didn't even care that the ground was hard you were so tired you could feel yourself falling asleep instantly. 

~

You regained consciousness in the morning as the suns warm light stained your eyes. Feeling someone's arm wrapped around your waist, their chest pressed against your back. Feeling confused and worried you turned over and saw the handsome face of Jeon Jungkook.

You sighed in relief at the sight of him and smiled brushing some dark hair out of his eyes. One of his eyes flitted open at your touch and he smiled closing the eye again. "I'm so happy to see you," he whispered his voice husky from sleep.

"Me too, you have no idea how worried I was." You hugged him tightly allowing all of your worry to flow out of your body and out into the air. 

"Trust me. I do because I was worried about you in the same way." He pulled your closer to his chest and you nuzzled into his neck feeling safe again. You trusted the other guys with your life but you never truly felt safe until he was by your side.  

"How did you and Yoongi escape? Namjoon oppa said you were stuck on the other side of the pipe." You asked curiously your eyes wide and worried.

"After we lost sight of you, Hobi hyung and Taehyung Namjoon told us to go back and try to find another way around. He told us not to get in the water as it was fast and the current was too strong. I was worried you guys wouldn't make it if I'm honest, anyway." He yawned and opened both his eyes to meet yours.

"We went back down into the room we found the vent in and walked down the tunnel until we found another door, we broke into it, narrowly avoiding some Biters and a Raiser. There was another vent inside that took us onto the pipe on the other side of the tunnel, we went along that until we found a huge hole in the ceiling, we climbed up there and walked along the road above until we found the entrance. We climbed back down the outside and found you guys all asleep here." 

"Sounds like you had the easiest journey," you replied feeling slightly jealous of their easy escape compared to what everyone else had gone through.

"What happened to you guys?" He sounded worried so you told him before he started worrying too much. 

"After me, Hobi and Jimin fell into the water we were carried most of the way by the current, we slammed into a bus and had to swim under it. We gave each other some motivation and swam for a while until we were under the hole in the tunnel you escaped from, we all fell asleep on the tarmac and rubble there. I'm surprised you didn't see us because we were there for a while."

"We looked everywhere we went for you guys. I was terrified we'd see your bodies floating in the water," he admitted. "We kept seeing floating Biters and other people. It was horrible."

"We were very lucky. After that, we found Namjoon, Jin and Tae."

"What happened to them?" He asked lowering his voice as you heard someone groan over your shoulder.