AW || 3

C H A P T E R T H R E E
________________________

• C H A P T E R  T H R E E •________________________

Interview 15 with
The Steve Harvey Show

"Well it's obvious that you're very– and I mean very....acquainted with Sebastian Evans of the Los Angeles Rams. May I ask how did you two meet if it's not too personal?"

Arielle blushed and crossed her legs. "Well me and....mister Evans go way back. Back to high school even you could say..."
-

_________________
November 4th (a month later)
California Heights
Long Beach, CA

7:20 am

"I asked my instagram followers to post about.....how they define beauty–....and what actually ended up wining my heart though was a girl and she said– "Beauty to me is self-acceptance. Whether you have on an ounce of makeup or you just rolled out of bed, every woman and little girl should know that they're beautiful"....And it really is just that simple...."

      Taking in what Nikia Phenix, her role model said in the YouTube video, Arielle paused it right there to go ahead and get ready for school. Today was a big day for her, being is though she was about to go a whole day without her infamous glasses. Finally, the teenager was able to conquer her fears and obtain a pair of contact lenses to never hide behind a pair of frames again. She waited all weekend for this faithful day, she knew it would be a defining moment for her transition...

______________
Long Beach Polytechnic High School
Long Beach, CA

8:47 am

      Standing in front of the mirror in the girl's bathroom, the norm really. She used a comb to straighten out her brown shoulder-length hair to her liking. For the first-time ever, she actually felt like.....something. She didn't feel like "Damn I look good" or anything but it was all still a growing process on her. She was starting to fall in love with her face now that her glasses were off. She couldn't believe how much they took away from her true appearance.

*Laughter in the distance*

      Ignoring the obvious desperation for attention from Angel, Arielle ignored it to apply more mascara on to her lashes instead. Yet another life hack she developed over the weeks. But of course, Angel always felt the need to make her opinion known and did once her and her girls walked by. "I guess she thinks she's cute all of a sudden because her glasses are off–"

      Sick of being a victim now more than ever, Arielle decided to try something else new and voiced her opinion back. "I mean–at least say it loud enough, Angel and stop being indirect" she said while staring at her through the mirror as everyone became nosey to the dispute.