AW || 21

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y-O N E
_____________________

• C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y-O N E •_____________________

Interview with
Mama

"Well ultimately, you're going to have to make a decision, Arielle and think about the long run. What do you want in your life? Would you be satisfied with being with him, knowing he has a child and a lot of baggage that comes with him?"

"I can't answer that right now, mama. More than anything I just wanna be happy.....and yes,....Isaiah Boyd does make me happy"
-

____________
August 5th (A week later)
West Hollywood
Los Angeles, CA

"Yo this is Isaiah– sorry I couldn't make it to phone right now– please don't leave a message and just text–"

Hanging up for the 5th time this morning, Arielle sighed deeply as she fingered through her curls on the couch. It's been days since she's spoken to him and it was really getting to her now with this lack of communication. If she didn't know it already, she'd realize how much she was starting to grow attached to Isaiah. Just being away from him for this long felt weird and made her extremely lonely.

*Door Bell Rings*

Speak of the devil, Arielle thought instantly as she heard the door bell ring. Getting up from her comfy chair in the living room, the young woman rushed over towards her door where she peeked outside to see...

"Percy?" She asked herself in disbelief but still decided to answer the door. Revealing his face from the other side, he wore a smile as soon as he saw her but of course she wasn't happy. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey Ari, um... I'm sorry to bother you but I just....wanted to stop by and apologize for what happened the other day. I also wanted to get a few things off my chest too while we're talking, if that's okay you? I promise I won't take long" he said, sounding so sincere and serious.

"Is Shanice with you?"

"Nah, it's just me. I don't think she's going to apologize for the way she acted but you know me, I'm usually not that much of a dick...so of course I wanna personally apologize" he explained as he closed her door after she allowed him inside.

Taking things into her mildly lit living room, Arielle sat on the couch and awaited for him to join her. Instead, he took a seat in the single chair on the side and stared at her on the couch. "So yeah, I know it could've been said much earlier but I'm really sorry for the way I acted towards him. It was immature and childish of me, I know it was but I had my reasons" he paused to look down at his fingers. "I'm sure you're aware of...my attraction to you still and I'll admit that seeing you with another guy had me...feeling jealous and bitter. You never pay attention to me, and I know it's because of Shanice but still I........I –I don't know"