AW || 41

Finally, I know. Swipe left on the media to listen to the recommended song for this part. Enjoy ❤️💍

C H A P T E R 
F O R T Y - O N E
_____________________

• C H A P T E R  F O R T Y - O N E •_____________________

Moment with
Jasmine

"You look so beautiful..." Jasmine said as she came up to Arielle in her wedding gown staring at the mirror. "I'm sorry I'm so emotional *wipes tears*.....It's just– I watched you grow up from that little girl –and nothing ever worked out for her early on, but now........–I don't know. I guess I'm trying to say I'm proud of you. I'm so proud of you, little sister"

Watching her sister cry in the reflection of the mirror, Arielle wiped away the small tear that crept out afterwards. It touched her heart that her sister was this emotional on her wedding day. Jas was there every step of the way.

"Don't cry and mess up your makeup, babe. I'm sorry I'm being a baby" she laughed. "I'm just so happy for you. I rooted for you all this time. –I alway did and I always will–...okay"

__________________
September (Two weeks later)
UCLA Medical Center
Los Angeles, CA

Arielle
2:45 pm

Smiling at the nurses sitting at the front desk, Arielle adjusted her purse and proceeded into the next room. Walking into a room full of patients receiving treatment, she looked around before spotting him stationed on the left side. There, she came up to her husband who was sleeping peacefully to the side while the fluids from his chemotherapy shot into his hand.

After Isaiah was deemed to be well out of his coma, the doctor requested that he use chemotherapy as a follow-up treatment to his successful surgery. Now Isaiah has to receive chemo every Monday for next three months to finalize his recovery. Fortunately for him, he wouldn't suffer through some of the negative effects such as hair loss, but it did make him feel very ill afterwards.

Uncomfortable with the feeling of the radiation invading, Isaiah would spend most of his time sleeping away until it was time to go home. Finding him doing just that in his chair, Arielle bent down to shake his shoulder. "Baby..." She called him softly as he came to.

With his eyes slightly open, he smiled to his wife's touch as she moved in to stroke his cheek. In that same action, Arielle turned her head towards the nearest nurse to request his discharge from treatment today. From there, someone came over right away to take out his IV and assisted him in getting up on to his feet.

Isaiah wasn't nearly the healthy young man he once was. His body suffered greatly because of his drug intake a few years ago. Not only did those bad habits lead to a serious cancer diagnosis, but it will also test his body's strength all through intensive treatment. The Chemo always had a habit of making him weaker and uncomfortable inside.