AW || 23

C H A P T E R 
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
_______________________

• C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y - T H R E E •_______________________

Interview with
Wendy Williams

"It's been brought to my attention that you and Shanice Walker were really good friends at one point. How did you being in a relationship with Isaiah change that?"

"Usually, a good friend would be happy that you're happy, right? Well she wasn't happy for me. Still living in the past about a guy she dated who wanted me at one point, she never wanted to see me happy after that. So insecure about wanting to be superior to me, that's made her nothing but envious of me and a show out for attention"
-

_______________
September 9th (Two days later)
Santa Monica, CA

2:26 pm

Arriving at Evelyn's 25th birthday dinner, Arielle got out of her car and fetched her gift from the passenger side. Closing that door and locking her vehicle, she couldn't help but to wonder who was already here. Seeing Nadine's Porsche 911, Kima's Telsa, a matte black Range Rover with a red bow, and a few other cars– she sighed at the sight of Shanice's BMW i8.

It really put a bad taste in her mouth that Shanice was here. The two haven't talked since the double date back in August. Still, Arielle tried not to let the inevitable confrontation get to her, this was Evelyn's special day and it was the least she could do not to ruin it. Taking her time in her Valentino rock stud heels, Arielle finally made it to the front door where she rang the bell.

Seconds later of adjusting her curls from her eyes, Evelyn opened the door and invited her inside right away. "Hey lovey, the rest of the girls are out on the deck outside drinking. Is this for me?" She smiled seeing a gift bag in Arielle's hand.

"Mhm, I think you're going to like it but I can't tell you what it is before you open it"

Evelyn smiled slyly and accepted her gift of mystery. Just as Arielle made a move towards the back sliding doors, Evelyn caught a clear glimpse of the reason why she didn't answer her call last night. Seeing red and purple bruises poorly covered up by makeup, Evelyn gasped.

"Oh so that's why you couldn't answer last night huh? What the hell is on your neck young lady?" She said with her arms on her hips.

Grabbing the spot immediately, Arielle flushed with embarrassment. "You can still see it?"

"Uh yeah, you know you have lighter skin. It's just red" Evelyn said, coming in closer to touch it. Seeing more hiding underneath her collar, Evelyn gasped again at the trail of passion marks on her friend's chest and neck. "Girl, you got more!? Oh my gosh, what was ya freak ass doing and with who?"