AW || 28

Good evening readers🌃😉 Yall know I don't update late in the day like this but I wanted to update today and I lost track of time. I was going to update in the morning but I figure why not just to see if my audience is stronger at night rather than the day.

Enjoy and have a blessed night😇🙏

C H A P T E R
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
_______________________

• C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y - E I G H T •_______________________

Interview with
Isaiah Boyd

"When did it come to you....that..–you really loved this woman? And I hate to bring it up but after finding out, how did it effect you besides your condition now"

Clearing his throat in an uncomfortable way, Isaiah leaned over to answer her question. "I think...how it effected me is pretty obvious...–I mean look at me. I'm beyond grateful to be alive but...this is what being in love has done to me and I can't blame Arielle for everything that has happened. I told her not to blame herself because I brought this on myself...you know. I was a fool...and um–I was hurt" Isaiah confessed, playing with his hands.
-

_____________
That same evening
Rosewood
Compton, CA

"Well...since we talking about it now, why wait?" He leaned up against the table. "Who is he? Because niggas think it's me and I know for a fact it ain't. I wanna know what's going on? You not cheating on me are you?"

Hearing the amusement in his voice reassured her of his joking matter. It scared her to think he thought she was cheating when they weren't even official. "No, what had happened was....I ran into an old friend of mine from school and we decided to go out and catch up on life since it's been years. We're just friends though. Plus he has a wife and kids now"

"Mmm" Isaiah hummed with his hand grasping his chin.

"Mmm what?" She asked, feeling a bit uneasy to his reaction. It kind of made her nervous.

"Nun. I'm a just take yo word for it because I trust you and everything. It's not like...I can tell you not to see someone else – you're not my girl but...if you are having releations with someone..I would like to know"

She took a breather. "He's my ex..."

"Mm..." He continued to hum and looked down, knowing that it made him feel a little insecure. "Why you ain't just say that first? *chuckles* Now you got me a little suspicious.."

"Don't be because...you have nothing to worry about. I didn't tell you he was my ex right off the bat because I didn't want you to...panic in a way because I know how that could rub someone the wrong way, you know...but we're just friends. It's been a few years since we've spoke and he just wanted to introduce me to his kids and how his life been while I filled him in on mine. And...I told him that I was seeing someone else"