AW || 19

C H A P T E R  N I N E T E E N
______________________

• C H A P T E R  N I N E T E E N •______________________

Interview with
Mama

"So, you're okay with the fact that he has a child. Did you meet his son's mother?" Her mother asked across the marble counters.

"I have..." Arielle replied modestly.

"And?"

"And she doesn't like me, but of course that was always expected. It's not my fault she messed up a good relationship with a great guy like Isaiah. She wanted to be a thot, so.....don't be mad when ya baby daddy moves on with somebody better. Plus, I enjoy being a stepmother to his son....I really do. I know a lot of women can't stand the idea of being step-mom but that's just apart of life. Why miss out on a good man just because he started his family already when that could easily become your family one day. Maybe it's just because I love kids but....it's days where I wish....Amari was my own" Smiled Arielle as she twisted her ring.
-

________________
July 23rd (That weekend)
Rosewood
Compton, CA

Isaiah's Pov
10:28 am

"Ayee, show em you a king little man. That's right. Say it's my day, niggas" Isaiah said to hype him up as he took a picture of him.

 Say it's my day, niggas" Isaiah said to hype him up as he took a picture of him

"It's my day, niggas" Amari repeated.

"That's right. My little man looking fresh today with the polo. Daddy got style after all so don't let mommy tell you anything else"

With his hand on top of his son's head, Isaiah turned around to the sound of another car approaching. Finally it was Arielle as her infamous red on white Audi pulled up along the curb and parked. Getting out herself to give him the permission to drive, she first had to give him a small greeting as a kiss. "Sorry I'm not desperately on time, you know traffic is always hectic" she explained as she bent down to greet Amari next. "Hi, birthday boy. You ready for the beach?"