AW || 38

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y - E I G H T
________________________

• C H A P T E R  T H I R T Y - E I G H T •________________________

Interview with
Jas

"So when did it all spark back to you–that you were still in love with my sister?"

Isaiah slumped down against the couch. "I would say way back when I was locked –up.....*coughs* but–....when she got sick one of these days and asked if I could take care of her–that's when the shit started hitting me. That warm fucking feeling I always feel when I'm around ya sista. I swear I be feeling like a pussy because of how soft a nigga get around er..."

________________
April 3rd (A week later)
Inglewood, CA

Isaiah
4:18 pm

      Coughing a little as he pulled himself up from Arielle's car in the driveway, he closed and locked the door behind him before proceeding up to the front lawn. With his own key now to her home, he unlocked the front door and startled Arielle and Amari as he came in from the pouring rain.

      Closing the door while taking off his dampen olive green jacket, he overheard them still working on Amari's homework over in the dining room. Not too long after hanging up his coat and walking into the house fully, Arielle came up to him looking a bit redder than usual to catch his attention.

"Hey,..how'd it go– *sneezes*....ou excuse me?" Arielle asked as she covered her mouth.

"Bless you and it was aight. You okay though? You look like you're sick"

She sniffed to clear her nose, but still sounded heavily congested. "Yeah, I woke up so swelled up and congested this morning. I think it–...*sneezes*...it might be the weather"

"It is nasty outside. You take something?"

"I took some cold medicine a few hours ago. I was laying down because my body hurts as well, but I promised Amari I'd help him with his homework since he was having trouble. He's almost done now though, so I'm a go lay down"

"Aight, I'll be up there. Want some tea or sum?" He offered as she started to walk away.

"Please. Thank you, Isaiah. And Amari, I will make dinner in a little while. Just give me some time to rest" she said on her way up the steps.

As Arielle went upstairs, Isaiah proceeded on towards the kitchen but not before passing Amari first in the dining room. "How was–*coughs* school today?"

"Fine. I got a big math test coming up though"

"Ugh, I hated math in school. You can ask Ari how dumb I was in math back in 6th grade"