5-Not your baby

Noah's POV:

Everything is riding on this date with Richelle. I'm taking her to a theatre so we can watch one of my favourite musicals together. The Phantom Of The Opera is very high on my list of musicals I want to watch. And since the amateur theatre group happens to be performing it, I couldn't resist buying tickets. However, that isn't the end of the surprise. I've booked tickets for Mean Girls on Broadway in NYC. Clearly going from here to New York won't be easy, but I've been saving up for a long long time.
I know how much Richelle loves Mean Girls and to celebrate our promise to each other, I've got everything booked and ready. Nothing can stop me now.

A rose is too typical, but an orchid could be rigged. So I bought a fake daisy- Richelle's favourite flower. Fake so it doesn't die after a lack of nutrients.

I knock on the door and when I open it, I'm devastated.
"Richelle...how could you?" She stands there, sheepish with trembling hands. After everything we've been through, I never thought it could get this bad. Maybe my heart is breaking, but I can't show it. Instead I hug her.
"Come on. We don't have to go out tonight, we'll stay here if you want." She shakes her head.
"More than anything I want to be away from here." I take her hand and we go. She isn't in the best state but neither of us care.

This is my favourite musical. I need Richelle to know that she isn't alone and I feel like she can relate to the emotions Christine feels regarding her parental situation.
"This is Phantom. And this is our date." She seems a bit apprehensive but I don't mention it. I do take her hand though.
"Look Richelle, if you feel uncomfortable we can just go home. I love you." She shakes her head.
"I don't want to be at home. I don't even want to be anywhere near home. So this is perfect."

We get to the interval and I face Richelle. I notice she's crying a little bit.
"What's up, baby?" She smiles and blushes.
"It's just this show. They're all so incredible and I feel so connected to you right now. When you took my hand, that's when I knew you're my person. Well, I knew that anyway but that's when I was sure that I would always be your girl." She seems so worked up and I need to know what's going on. She turns her body to face me.
"Noah I need to tell you something." I sigh.
"You're not pregnant, are you?" She looks at me as if it's the most credulous thing I could've said.
"I'm being serious."
"What?"
"My parents- they don't want to come back here. They uh they want me to move with them." I can't let her go. Not if it's her parents choice and not hers.
"Where to?" She deflates.
"I don't know! I don't even know where they want me to live. I just know they told me they want me with them. I mean they haven't checked up on me in months and I've been perfectly fine."
"Why now?" She cries when she hears my anger towards the situation.
"Noah don't." She sobs.
"Richelle. If you think I'm going to let you just go, you're wrong. Obviously it's your choice, but something tells me this isn't what you want." Her eyes glisten.
"I'd be closer to my parents. They might actually pay some attention to me." I lose it then.
"And what if they don't?! Will you just starve until you die? Will you just dance away the pain? Because if you leave me and the others, your pain will always be there."
"Noah you're being selfish!" I start crying now. Not much, but enough for her to realise.
"Please baby. Please." I try to hug her but she shrugs me off.
"I'm not your baby. And I don't take orders. I'm leaving." I sit back down as the lights go out, feeling empty.

A/N: there always has to be some drama in their lives. I really like this chapter and I'm proud of it so if you like it too, maybe click the vote button.

Thanks x