Chapter|18 [1/2]

I jolted awake, looking at my surroundings to see my living-room. I relaxed but realised that Laura wasn't in my arms?! Where is she? I noticed over by the door they was a picture on the floor. I stretched and walked over to it. I picked up and it was a picture of Laura and I! But Laura's face was all scratched out.

"Laura, where are you?" I listened out for her voice but there was nothing but complete silence. I rushed around the house; Kitchen, Backyard, Dining-room, Basement and even our cupboard. She was no where to be seen! I ran upstairs and every door was closed except one. One of the guest room doors were open just a jar. I slowly walked to it, not knowing what I was going to find beyond the wooden door. l stood still for another moment hoping for some sort of sound. But, I heard nothing.

As l walked towards the door 1 tried to look into the room from where I stood in the hall, but it was no use. I would have to walk in there not knowing what I was going to see.

l slowly pushed on the door, trying to avoid marking too much noise. I succeeded on the noise. But the scene of which l was currently staring at was really confusing. Why? Because what l seen was a short figure standing near the end of bed. But there was something that looked all to familiar about her hair. It didn't have aumbre highlights/ it was plain dark brown just like...NO! There's no way!

"Maia?" l was petrified of the answer. 1 watched as the figure just stood there not answering me.

"Maia?"1 asked once more becoming more scared and nervous.

"Hey Rossy!" l cringed when Maia calls me that, it never felt right to hear Maia say it instead of Laura.

"Stop calling me that, what are you doing in my house?"

"Looking at my final task, I can't believe it took me this long!" My heart was now pounding out of my chest, what was she hiding from me?

(what do you think Maia has done? What's Ross scared to think Maia is talking about? Again, l have nothing against Maia. Just need drama. Vote and comment your thoughts on the situation)