1•Aloha

•Davina Alexander•

When I woke up today my clothes were ripped off my body and on the floor with various condoms beside it. I don't remember what happened last night but I don't have to to know what happened. It's exactly what happens when Jack has his friends over...nothing fun in my opinion.

My legs are sore and there are bruises around my breasts, more than usual. Today is May 25th, meaning I have to go to the bank; I hopped off the bed, leaning on everything that's possible for balance — it's always hard with the vaginal pain. I took a quick shower — I'm only entitled to five minutes of cold water — then brushed my teeth because I don't get breakfast on Mondays; after that I changed into one of the few pieces of clothing I have in my closet; a black dress that goes down to the floor and the sleeves go all the way down to my wrists.

I slipped on my white sandals and proceeded to dispose of my ripped clothes and condoms on the floor; as I'm supposed to. I walked out of my bedroom, keeping my eyes on the floor in case I cross paths with Jack.

"Go make the deposit," he ordered as I reached the living room where he threw the envelope with cash at my feet.

I nodded picking it up from the floor "Yes Sir," that's how he has instructed me to call him.

Jack walked past me to go back to his room, which is where he spends most of his days. This house in Honolulu has been my 'home' for almost fifteen years, and it doesn't seem like that will change anytime soon. I was born and raised in Hawai'i...well, if you can call what Jack has done with me since I was six years old, raising.

Outside there was a car waiting for me, along with the bodyguards that make sure I won't try to run. I got in the black Camaro and was driven to the bank, twenty minutes away from my address. The ride was silent as always because no one is allowed to talk to me and vice-versa, besides I don't want to talk to them; they've taken advantage of when I'm left alone with them.

As I got off the car I felt the bandage on my back moving "Ouch," I muttered, walking into the Bank of Hawai'i.

The guards stay outside so I won't stand out too much. I stood in line with the envelope in my bag and instructions written down on a paper inside. He makes me deposit his money into bank accounts under my name; he's a wanted person on the island.

As I stood there, people were working around, coming to make their own transactions. I wonder what it is to live a life you've chosen and not one you've been forced to live. To me it sounds like a dream to walk down the street and have the freedom to be spontaneous — it must be exhilarating to not know what will happen in your life.

"Sweetie, it's your turn," the woman behind the counter said with a soft smile, breaking my trance.

I took a few steps forward "Sorry," my hand reached in my purse for the envelope. Just as I was placing it down, gunshots were fired in the building so I instantly hid under the counter with my hands on the back of my head to protect myself; this is not the first time a gun has been shot in my vicinity.

The sound of gunshots is awfully familiar to me.

"Nobody move," the man was wearing a white mask and white gloves "this is a robbery" my eyes went wide as two men dragged the unconscious bodyguards into the building. "We have 2 minutes!" The white-gloved man announced to his partners — there are three of them. One wearing white, another one black and the last one gray.