26• I'll be the one

•Diavolo DeLuca•

She has been in the bedroom all night long; I think she's asleep. I hope she comes out of there soon because I miss my bunny so much. Maybe there is a way of fixing it, maybe sh– SHE'S OPENING THE DOOR!

"Hi, bunny," I said as I got up on my feet so quickly it gave me whiplash "How are you–" her arms looped around my torso tightly "It's okay, bunny, I've got you," my arms embraced her as my chin rested at the top of her head.

"I want to meet them," she whispered.

My eyes went wide as I gazed down at my wife "Bunny, are you sure?"

"Yes," she slowly nodded locking her gaze with mine "I have questions that only they can answer."

"But bunny, they will only hurt you; they're bad people—"

"You're bad to everyone else but you are my hero," her hands cupped my cheeks "please, help me close this chapter of my life; maybe I'll finally have some peace."

A deep sigh left my mouth "Okay, bunny."

"All right," her hands rested on my pecs now "I'll go pack."

I nodded looking down at her "I'll call the Captain."

"Thank you, handsome," she stood on her toes to peck my right cheek. "I know you don't agree with this but I appreciate your support."

While I talked to the jet's Captain and arranged things for us to have a place to stay and cars when we get there, she packed for us. Davina changed into a pair of white sweatpants, a cropped navy blue sweater with black and white stripes; and platform Sk8 Vans. I carried the bags downstairs and from there, someone else took care of them while we got in the car.

"I'm sorry..." she whispered as soon as the car moved.

My head immediately turned to gaze at her "Why are you sorry, bunny?"

"For cutting short our honeymoon so I can meet the people who sold me," tears formed in her eyes as her lower lip quivered.

I shook my head "No, bunny, don't be sorry; even if I don't like these people, you're my first priority and if you think meeting them will bring you peace or help you have a bit of closure, then I support you. Always."

Davina rested her head on my right shoulder as she slipped her hand in my shirt to place her hand on my stomach; it relaxed me and I know it helps her too.

Once at the private airport, she was asleep so I carried her into the aircraft. Just as I was about to put her down on the bed, she gripped my shirt and whispered: "Stay with me, handsome."

"I will, bunny," my lips pecked her forehead.

Davina pulled the blankets over herself and whimpered, hugging the pillow underneath her head. I took a seat at one of the two leather seats in the bedroom and fastened my seatbelt before pulling out my phone to let my sister know where we are going and why.

As soon as we are done with this, we'll go back to the scheduled honeymoon which she'll might need more than ever after talking to that pair of monsters.

The flight was tranquil, Davina woke up a couple of times to eat but immediately after went back to sleep. I hope it's not her depression crawling its way out of that box we had created to handle it.

Maybe I'll have to rethink our honeymoon; take her somewhere just for us without any activities...just being with each other all day long without interruption. I have to admit that this is my fault for not pushing away my curiosity for the parents of my wife.