8•Primo atto

•Davina Alexander•

Throughout the two weeks I've been in this home, I've had the luck of being taken care of by Elena and Diavolo. Elena loves doing things for me and though I greatly appreciate it, I want to start doing a lot of things on my own – it's what feels right.

Today the Doctor is coming to take my bandages off and check my stitches so I should get them off today. Diavolo is in the kitchen talking to the chef about my diet. I've learned a lot these two weeks, even Mr. Zedric is surprised with how fast I'm learning how to read so I try to read all my texts and also type them but 50% of the time I still have the phone read it for me.

Everything has been great with Daviolo, after that time in his room we stuck to our usual boundaries. However, every night I go to bed with the thought of kissing him when no one's looking.

"Ready for lunch?" Diavolo asked, walking back in the dining room.

I nodded "Yup," a smile played on my lips as he sat at the head of the table. "What are we having?"

He threw the cloth napkin across his lap "Salmon and salad."

My eyebrow arched "Ew," I hate salmon.

"Bunny you need to eat something else than pasta and pizza," he told with a light chuckle.

"Fine," I rolled my eyes.

"Davina we are leaving for Italy in a week and you will have your fair share of past over there, okay? Just be patient," He took a sip of his wine.

I smiled big "That's all I needed to hear to eat the stupid salmon."

Only the two of us were at the table for lunch because his siblings and Alexandria went shopping for the upcoming trip. Diavolo always speaks Italian at the table, and I obviously don't understand, but I don't have to because he's usually just cussing. As soon as I was done, he stood up "Go change into your bathing suit"

"Why?" I looked up at him.

"Because I want to go swimming with you," he said with the glass of wine in his hand.

I nodded standing up "But what about my stitches?"

"Doctor is waiting by the pool," he said, putting down his glass.

"Okay," a big smile appeared on my face as I ran upstairs back to my room. I changed into a black bikini with and dashed back downstairs. Diavolo wasn't in the dining room so I went outside and found the Doctor sitting on the outside table "Where's Diavolo?" I asked, walking towards him.

The doctor looked at me with a sorry smile "He had to leave suddenly, but he said he would be back for dinner."

I frowned "It's okay, I was just so excited to go swimming with him and show him how I'm not completely useless," I whispered the last word.

"Don't say that Davina," he said standing up and asking me to sit down so he could check my stitches.

I stayed quiet as he took my bandages off, he told me I heal fast, which I knew would happen thanks to all wounds I've tended to myself. Once he left I stepped into the pool and was there until every bit of me looked like a raisin; the water relaxes me. I did wonder for an hour or two about what required for Diavolo to leave in such a rush that he didn't even say goodbye.