5•Gift

•Davina Alexander•

I told Diavolo the thing I'm most ashamed of; not knowing how to read. I do know the alphabet because I saw it on TV a lot when I was little. Jack always told me that to be a fuck toy I didn't need to be smart so he kept me as far away from education as he could. I can read a little, but it takes me a lot of time and I often doubt if what I'm doing is correct so I just give up most of the time. It's deeply embarrassing, and I know I'm dumb – Jack made sure I was told that every day.

"Davina how old were you the last time you went to school?" he asked looking at me.

My eyes looked down at my fidgety hands "I've never been to school," I whispered.

"What?"

"My parents never wanted to take me to school, and then when I started living with Jack, he said the kind of education I needed to suck cocks and open my legs he could give me at home," I sniffled, remembering that day – I wasn't even ten years old.

Without saying another word, he picked up his phone and called someone "Voglio che mi porti un uomo di nome Jack Powell; vive a Honolulu ed è uno spacciatore locale," he ordered in an angry tone; the only things I understood were Jack's name and the name of my old home.

(I want you to get a man called Jack Powell, he lives in Honolulu and is a small drug dealer,)

"Lo voglio qui per mercoledì," Diavolo hung up.

(I want him here by Wednesday.)

Tears rolled down my face – I'm used to being punished when the atmosphere turns so tense "I'm sorry I didn't say anything..." my voice was shaky.

Diavolo pinched my chin softly and made me look at him "You have nothing to be sorry for. Thank you for sharing that with me. If you want to, I could get you a tutor so you can learn how to read and write."

My heart thumped in my chest as I frantically nodded with a big smile "That would be my dream come true!" I laced my arms around his neck to pull him into a tight hug. Diavolo's arms hesitantly wrapped around my waist. "Thank you," I whispered in his ear.

He pulled away and nodded, looking into my eyes "I've never heard someone say thank you so much," he softly smiled.

My smile softened "I've never had so many reasons to thank someone." For the rest of the ride, my head rested on his shoulder and he seemed all right with it. Once we got to the house, Diavolo took me directly to his office; I stood by his side as he did something on his computer and suddenly there were a bunch of pictures of notebooks and pens on the screen.

"You like them?" He asked, looking up at me.

I nodded "They're really pretty," I said, admiring them on the screen; there are so many options.

"Pick as many as you like–" he was about to stand up, but I gently kept him on his chair by putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Can you stay with me?" I asked, looking into his eyes.

He nodded, staying in his place "Sure, you want to pull a chair?" The fact that there's a question to give me options is important to me.

"I don't mind sitting on top of you if you don't mind," I told and felt as my cheeks turned hot.

Diavolo cleared his throat "As long as you're comfortable."

"Thank you," I sat on his right thigh and watched him as he clicked things on the screen and showed me all the options I pointed to; it was almost like magic, and it felt like a different world from the one I come from – it is completely different, but I never thought I would get to see something different.