7•Days and nights

•Davina Alexander•

I've been learning for four days now. Diavolo hasn't missed a lunch with me, which makes me happy; he asks me all about my classes when we sit at the table, and yesterday he asked for my permission to call me 'bunny' and I immediately said yes. Another topic we have touched is his Italian accent, and he promised to tell me later about his family history.

It's 4 pm, which means I'm free for the day but as homework, I have to write 'I'm learning how to read and write' 150 times which I'm looking forward to because Mr. Zedric let's me whatever writing tools I wish to – I like making my homework colorful, it helps me remember things better. Mr. Zedric is really nice and hasn't tried to touch me and I'm certain he never will, which I find marvelous, I learned that word yesterday and now I can't stop saying it.

"Bye, Mr. Zedric! Have a marvelous day!" I waved, walking out of the room with my purple notebook and green pen.

"Bye Davina," he smiled.

I made my way up to my room to take a shower because I didn't have time this morning – I decided to ignore my alarm and wake up at 8:30, so I've been wearing my PJs all day long, which doesn't bother me but I feel filthy.

I cannot wait for Diavolo to come home; I have much to tell him about today's lessons. Two days ago Elena talked to me about Diavolo's job, she said he is the head of an organization and company with a lot of people behind him, but also a lot of enemies against him. Elena never said it with all its letters, but it confirms my suspicions of Diavolo being the head of a crime family.

When I got out of the shower I changed into grey sweatpants, white shirt and fuzzy socks. I love socks and Elena told me to always wear them if I didn't want to wear shoes. As I walked downstairs, running my fingers through my hair I heard Alexandria scolding someone "Bad daddy!" She said sternly.

Then I remembered Elena's husband is coming home today "I'm a bad daddy?" The tall man asked, picking Alexandria up.

"Yes," she growled, biting his cheek. Oh yeah, she's a biter. 

"Ouch!" The man hissed.

"Alexandria Della Corte, let go of your father's cheek and go play with aunt Davina!" Elena ordered.

"Hi," I greeted with a soft smile.

Elena's husband put his daughter down and she instantly hugged my leg "Auntie Davina!"

I smiled, ruffling her hair "Hi Aldria"

"I'm glad you're here so you can meet Francesco," Elena said, looking at me with a big smile "my husband, husband this is Davina"

Francesco offered me his hand to shake, and I appreciated him respecting my space "I've heard a lot about her from Iavo," that's how they call Diavolo.

"I've heard a lot about you from Elena," I smiled "she couldn't wait for you to be back."

"Really?" The man looked at his wife as if she was a living goddess "you missed me?"

"Very much," She said before pecking his lips "so so much."

This is the kind of love I've seen in movies but never in real life "Come on little princess, let's give mom and dad some privacy," I took Alexandria up to me room and together we watched TV and ate pizza with Coca-Cola as our drink. The little girl fell asleep around 9 pm and just as I was about to take her to her bedroom, my phone buzzed.

I know how to read and write everyone's name in the house since I've been studying them nonstop so I knew it was from Elena. I pressed the grey bubble and Siri read it for me.