10•Departure

•Davina Alexander•

It's the night before the trip to Italy, Diavolo is in my closet helping me pack because I don't know what to take. The day after tomorrow is his birthday, that's why we are going to Italy and even though I'm euphoric I'm also terrified of being on a plane.

"I don't know if I can do it," I whispered looking at him as he searched through my clothes for a red dress.

He rose an eyebrow gazing at me "Davina, it's a short flight."

"You said 9 hours," I whimpered.

"Okay, not that short but," he squatted down in front of me "I'm going to be there with you the whole time and Diavolo Jr is going to be there too," he chuckled kissing my forehead.

Diavolo Jr is the bunny he got me a week ago, I take it everywhere in my small backpack "Fine," I sighed crawling to the suitcase on the floor that could fit Alexandria and half of me "how many days are we staying there?"

"Two weeks," he was already wearing his pajamas so he didn't mind sitting on the floor "you'll love it over there bunny" we both were folding clothes and putting them in the suitcase.

Diavolo hasn't slept in my bed since that night he apologized but I can see his face when he kisses me good night, he wants to stay and I have told him he is welcomed to sleep in my bed whenever he wants but he denies it to himself and tells me that it's not time just yet. Tonight was the same, after finishing up with my luggage he kissed my cheek goodnight and left the room with his back muscles tensed.

The bunny was pressed against my chest as I looked at the door, it was 30 minutes past midnight and I couldn't sleep thinking about everything that was going to happen in less than seven hours. Diavolo said he's going to come and wake me up and also informed I could wear my pajamas so that was the silver lining of the situation.

I couldn't really fall asleep until 4 am when I was more than exhausted, but it felt like I slept five minutes when Diavolo came in my room yawning and woke me up with a tender kiss on my temple "Wake up bunny, we have to leave in 10 minutes," he whispered into my ear.

I groaned throwing a pillow at him "Go away."

I heard him let out a weak chuckle before he picked me up and put me on the floor so I was standing up "Here's the blanket," he said wrapping a blue blanket around my body "come on" with his strong arms he picked me up bridal style and took me downstairs then I heard him talking to Luca about going to get my backpack and suitcases upstairs.

When we were finally in the car Alexandria fell asleep leaning on me so I happily wrapped my arms around her and fell asleep leaning on Diavolo who was using his laptop. The feeling of the car stopping woke me up and I found Alexandria on Diavolo's lap watching something on Diavolo's phone.

She was sucking her thumb as her head was resting on Diavolo's shoulder, she smiled when our gazes met "Auntie Davina!" she squealed jumping from Diavolo's lap to mine.

"Hi," I whispered between a yawn.

"Happy you up!" she giggled and then pointed at Diavolo "he is boring."

I laughed and looked at Diavolo who had an eyebrow cocked up "Give me my phone back if I'm so boring."

Alexandria shook her head violently and jumped off the car when the chauffeur opened the door "Mommy!" she ran to Elena who was already waiting for us at the bottom of the staircase to get onto the private jet.

"She's so cute," I whispered with a sleepy smile.

Diavolo unbuckled my seatbelt "A headache too."