[BACKYARD CHOICE] Shin x Reader x Yuma ~ |Memory|

If you chose Backyard from the previous chapter, please proceed. But if you chose Rooftop, get outta here and read the other. XD

Enjoy reading~!
____________________________________
Curious about what Yuma will say, you chose to head to the backyard on the right wing.

When you arrived at the corner of the hallway, you took a deep breath before stepping outside, to the backyard, where Yuma said.

The backyard has lots of flowers around, and it seems the principal of the school likes to grow flowers.

You looked around, finding where Yuma was, but it seems he's not around.

"Yuma?" You called out, still walking around the area to find him. "Where are you, Yuma?"

"Oi."

"Eep!" You squealed by surprise when a hand was suddenly placed over your shoulder. "Mou, don't scare me like that!" You held your chest with your eyes closed.

He just scoffed. "After all that, you become a poor, scaredy cat once again. Tch."

You blushed slightly, remembering how you faced him just to know where Shin was.

"S-So.. what do you wanna talk about..?" You turned away, changing the topic. "You said we had a lot to talk about, and I came here for that."

He didn't said anything after that. He was just silent, which made you turn to him, wondering what happened to him.

When you turned to him, he was just staring at you, like he's watching every move you make.

"You really.. don't remember me?"

Your eyebrows furrowed when he asked you that.

"What do you mean?" You looked at him with a serious face, crossing your arms. "What am I? A protagonist who lost her memories when she was a kid, had another childhood friend which she don't remember when she grew up?"

He shrugged. "Sort of. Except that you haven't lost your memories."

You looked at his face, trying to remember the facial features of it when you were a kid. All you remember was you and Shin, as childhood friends.

But then you heard him sigh. "So you don't really remember at all." He mumbled under his breath.

"What is it that I don't remember, anyway?" You asked him. "Tell me."

He looked at you, his brown eyes glistening in the dark. "Edgar."

You looked back at him, trying to digest what he just said. Edgar.

The name seems familiar, too familiar. But you just can't seem to remember.

"Edgar.." You repeated, searching every inch and corner of your brain, trying to remember where you've heard it.

"Don't force yourself to remember everything. It'll be a pain in the ass." Yuma stated as he sat down.

A pain in the head, actually. You corrected him mentally, but you decided to keep quiet.

You looked at him and noticed the sudden change of his expression, from serious to sad. His face was down.

"Are you.. okay?" You asked worriedly.

He remained looking down, but managed to scoff. "Yeah, don't worry about me. Though there's still one thing that I have to say. It's the most important among the others." He looked at the sky, which was filled with shining stars. "I'm running out of time."

You raised an eyebrow at him. "You know what, you're acting weird tonight. Did you bump your head into something hard or something?"

"Listen to me (Y/N)," he placed his hands on your shoulders, completely ignoring your question. "Whatever I do, it is all for your sake. I never hated you, I never did. Trust me."

You just stared at him while listening to those unexpected words coming out from his very lips, speechless from all of that.

"What are you talking-" You were cut off midway when he did something you never expected he'll do one day.

He hugged you, and not just any hug. It was warm when his arms embraced you, like there's something odd, a feeling that was familiar.

"(Y/N), please.. remember what I told you." Yuma whispered in your ear, giving you goosebumps. "This is all for your sake."

He took your wrist and placed something in it. You were about to ask what it is, but he just turned his back and walked away.

A lot of questions were in your head while staring at his back, and you wanted to follow him, but your feet was like glued to the floor, not giving you a chance to walk with him.

Edgar. I never hated you. This is all for your sake.

And then something came into your mind.

"Ne, Edgar. Can you keep a promise?"

"Tch. What is it this time, huh? You want me to give you a spider as your birthday present this time?"

"That's so cruel!"

You didn't know if you were gonna be sad, happy, angry, but your tears just flowed out from your eyes.

"So, what is it?"

"I want us to promise something to each other. Anything."

"Seriously? That is one pain in the-"

"No foul words, you idiot!"

You slowly opened your palm to see what was inside.

"Tch, fine."

"Okay, I'll go first! I promise that I'll be taller than you when we grow up!"

"What the heck? What kind of promise is that?"

Once you saw what was inside, you covered your mouth while sobbing.

"Just let it be my promise! So, what's yours?"

"Uhh.."

"Just think of somethi- h-hey. Don't look at me like that, it's scary.."

"Y-Yuma, wh..whyy.." You stammered, holding back the tears that were flowing out of your eyes.

"I promise that I'll protect you from all the bad guys."

"E-Ehh..?!"

"At least mine is more humane than your promise."

"You're the bad guy here!"

"Oh, and when we grow up, I'll give you something precious."

"What is it?"

"Just wait and see."

"Mou! Tell me already!"

"It'll ruin the surprise."

"Give me a clue then."

"We'll be together."

And that precious something was already in the palm of your hand.

You didn't expect the memories would suddenly barge in your own brain this very moment.

But you managed to whisper, "Yuma, a ring is too precious to be a sign for us to be together."