Five

Wendy wants to cry all over again as she wakes up with a pounding headache and body aches. She feels miserable, lonely, and depressed that the lethal injection Gemma left her didn't work. She didn't think she could ever come back from her sedated detox. After Gemma's little visit to her, and their conversation, she knows that her relationship with Jackson is officially over. They were divorced, their son had survived, and he was getting back together with Tara. Wendy looks around her room with tears in her eyes when she finally notices the flowers by her bedside. Jax had brought them for her when she was unconscious.

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

"Hello."

"Hey. I'm glad I'm not sick. You're a tough doctor to track down."

Tara hangs up the phone immediately. She slips her phone into the pocket on her white coat and runs a hand over her face. It was him. It was really him. Kohn.

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

"All I did was give you an option, sweetheart. You're the one who took the coward's way out. Couldn't even do that right."

"We all can't be rocks like you, Mother Gemma. I don't know how you do it."

"What's that?"

"Keep all the lies straight- all the dirty little secrets buried. God, your conscience must be locked up real tight."

"Nothing gets in the way of me taking care of my family- especially my conscience."

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

Tara's been on edge ever since that little girl was raped at Fun Town, the local carnival, yesterday. She felt bad for the poor girl and family and she knew SAMCRO was out getting justice the only way they knew how. After hearing that the girl was only 13, it made Tara think of Ellie, and she spent the whole night crying to Jax. Now, Josh Kohn has her number. And he probably knows where she is, too. After her shift at the hospital, Tara went home and looked through baby pictures of Ellie. All the birthday photos, halloween photos, christmas photos, and school photos just made her cry harder. She had 7 years that were just gone. Gone. Seven years that were supposed to be filled with happy memories were the most empty and darkest years of her life. It made her question herself as a parent. Could she really just pick up right where she left off? Could Jax? Would Ellie accept them just as easily?

"I need to stop," Tara tells herself, wiping away her tears, and putting the pictures back into the box. She stands up when she hears the doorbell ring.

She walks over and opens it, "Jax. Hi."

"Hey," Jax stares behind him as he stands in the doorway. He glances out into the dark and turns around to Tara, "You notice that car out front, Tara? Looked like somebody was watching the house."

"What?" Fear suddenly runs through Tara's veins as she looks at the cars parked along the street through the blinds, "I- I don't see it."

Jax shuts the front door and points, "The compact parked halfway down the block. See."

Josh, Tara thinks, It has to be him. He's already found her. He's already here.

"Tara," Jax notices her silence, "What the hell's going on?"

"I got a call at work today," Tara backs away from the window, "That ATF Agent that you mentioned- that's been looking into you guys- I think he's here for me."

"What are you talking about?"

"I was with him in Chicago. It got violent. I tried to end it. He started stalking me," As soon as the words leave her mouth, Jax is opening up the front door again, "Jax. Don't. He's dangerous!"

"Go back inside, Tara!" Jax says sternly as he turns and warns her, "Lock the door."

Tara listens and watches him through the blinds, her heart racing. He stalks down the street and pulls out his knife, plunging it into the front of Kohn's car. Tara watches as Kohn immediately gets out of the car while Jax straightens up and steps closer to him.

"Vandalism. Deadly weapon. That's six months in County, asshole."

Jax wants to kill the douchebag as soon as he opens his mouth.

"Violating a restraining order. You'll be in the cell next to me. They teach you how to suck a dick in A.T.F. School?"

Kohn has a lopsided grin on his face as he enjoys seeing the man all worked up as they haven't even spoken more than a few words to one another, "Badass biker."

"You guys gave it your best shot. You got nothing on SamCrow. And you harassing Tara, that ends here or next time it won't be a piece of shit car I'm draining fluid from," Jax's eyes hold nothing, but promises.

"You threatening a federal agent?" Kohn asks as he glances towards Tara's house, knowing she's probably watching.

"I'm threatening you. Go away. It's my last warning."

Jax turns around and heads back into the house. Tara is confused as she moves from in front of the window, "What happened?"

"I told him to leave you alone," Jax places his hands on her arms, staring into her eyes, "I have to go talk to Hale. Stay here with the door locked. I'll be back. I'm not letting you sleep alone. Alright?"

Tara finds herself nodding as she instantly feels relief flood through her body, "Thank you, Jax. I know you have a lot going on."

"I love you, Tara. I'm gonna take care of you." He presses his lips to hers and is out the door just as quick. She feels her heart racing as she touches her lips and bites back a smile.

Whatever happened today... whatever the club went through today, he seemed to be on edge.