Fifty-One

Tara wakes up in Thomas's room and checks on Abel. She sees Jax didn't sleep in their bed. Rat is waiting in the kitchen.

"Where is he?"

"Work."

"Could you please wait outside so I can feed my son?"

"Sure."

"When I drop them off at day care, who do you watch then?"

"You. But no day care. Jax doesn't want them at St. Thomas anymore."

Meanwhile, Jax meets with DA Patterson and gets the prepared immunity agreements for the club and Tara.

"This is the immunity agreement. It covers everyone in or associated with the MC. And Tara's deal. As promised. No jail time. Now, they're both signed and approved. They don't get executed until you deliver Gaalan O'Shay and the guns."

"There's an old maintenance warehouse out on the west end docks. Kilmer Pier. They closed it down a few years back."

"I know it."

"That's the drop. Gaalan will be there with the guns sometime between 11:00 and 1:00."

"With how many people?"

"Ten, maybe a dozen guys. They're gonna be cautious and very well armed."

"Okay. We'll talk after it's done."

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

Tara meets with her new lawyer, who explains that if she uses her miscarriage testimony in her custody case and the DA finds out it's false, it could hurt her with her murder accessory case. She essentially has to choose her kids or her freedom.

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

Ellie, Tara, Abel, and Thomas are at home when Gemma shows up, "Jax called. He's been trying to get ahold of you. Bobby's been shot. It's bad."

"What happened?" Tara asks.

"I'll tell you on the way over. Come on. We gotta go."

"So- so, what, we just pretend nothing happened and I'm mob doctor again?"

"Well, I'm willing to pretend if it's gonna save his life. Bobby's gonna die."

"Jesus Christ. All right." Tara gets her medical bag, "Ellie, don't open the door for anyone. Call me if you need something."

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

Clay, Chibs, Tig and Jax walk into an office to greet Galen and the Irish. Clay embraces Galen. Then as soon as Clay steps away, Jax blows Galen's head off, followed by Tig and Chibs taking out the other two Irish. Clay is stunned. "We had a vote, decided this had to happen," Jax tells him. With Gemma, Tara and Nero arriving, Jax tells Chibs things will still go the same way they planned. They leave the Irish bodies in the office. Jax asks for an ETA on Connor. Nero remains stoic when he sees Clay. Gemma asks if he's being taken to Belfast.

"I think there's another plan," Clay says, understanding what's happening. He kisses Gemma on the cheek and tells her he's glad she found someone. 

Tara assesses Bobby and says he's really bad

Tara assesses Bobby and says he's really bad. She needs surgical tools from the hospital. Jax suggests they take him to the cabin.

"So, what happens now, Pres?" Clay asks.

"We settle with the Irish."

"And, uh, how do we do that with three dead bodies?"

"How would you do it?"

"Well I mean, the smart plan would be to blame it on a bad relationship. You know, two guys with some history get into a beef. One thing leads to another. Couldn't be helped."

"Sounds about right."

"So, I guess you, uh, had another vote I wasn't privy to."

"Yeah, we did. This time it was unanimous."

"Fair enough."

Juice, Chibs, Tig and Jax walk Clay back in to the office. Chibs hands Jax the gun. Outside the office, Gemma, Tara and Nero can see him through the window. Clay stands there, facing his fate.

"This good?" Clay asks

"Yeah." Jax says, he shoots Clay in the neck. Gemma starts crying. Clay collapses to the ground and Jax finishes him off with five more shots to the chest.

Jax looks at all of Clay's blood splattered across the walls and floor. He feels relieved Clay finally met Mr. Mayhem. They exit the office. Everyone gets in the car.

"Thank you." Jax tells Tara before she gets in the car. She touches his hand before Jax closes the door. She hears Gemma's sobbing as Nero drives off.

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

In Tara's office, Patterson offers her a deal, but to get witness protection she has to provide them with evidence of a federal crime. They want to know who broke Clay out. Tara asks if she provided them with a sheriff's bullet with a club member's DNA on it if that would be enough. She asks to have until tomorrow. After she leaves, Roosevelt and Patterson get word about the four dead bodies, including Clay and Galen. 

Up at the cabin, Tara cleans up after her surgery when Jax thanks her, "I know you didn't have to help us today. Thank you."

"I'm just glad he's going to be okay."

"I understand why you did everything you did. I'm sorry being with me took you to that place."

When he leaves, Tara gets up and locks the bedroom door. She takes the bloody bullet out of her pocket, debating her future.

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

"Jax loves you, Nero. I see how he looks at you. How he listens to you."

"Yeah, well little too old to adopt."

"You can always marry me."

"No offense, mama. I've seen what happens to your husbands. It ain't pretty."

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

Abel is asleep on his bed and Thomas is asleep in his crib. Ellie lays down and watches them sleep. She has the house phone beside her in case her mom calls to check up on them. She eventually falls asleep herself.