Thirty-Nine

Ellie wakes up to Abel and her dad talking.

"Dada? Wake up, Dada." Abel tells his father who's sleeping next to him on the bed.

"Hey, buddy." Jax smiles, "How you feeling?"

"I'm hungry." Abel says.

"Okay. What do you feel like having?"

"Cookies."

"Good choice

"Good choice. Chocolate chip, a little milk on the side?" Abel nods and Jax smiles, kissing the top of his head before standing up, "Coming right up."

"El?" Jax stops to ask her before he leaves the room, "You want anything, honey?"

"No thank you. I'm okay." She watches him leave.

"Sissy?" Abel asks, looking over at her, "Does your face hurt?"

"A little bit," Ellie lies, making the mistake of smiling and scrunching up her sore, bruised face. She takes a deep breath, "We get to go home today, Abel."

"When mommy comes."

"That's right."

"Can we watch cartoons when we go home?"

"I'm sure we can. We can have a sleepover in the living room." Ellie sits up on her bed, the sticky patches from the heart monitor on her chest, pulling at her bruised and sore skin where her seat belt protected her in the car crash. She couldn't wait to lay in her own bed...

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

"Let's vote this shit." Tig says.

"Okay. We all know what Frankie did to compromise the club. Vote's gotta be unanimous. All in favor of stripping his patch." Jax holds the gavel in his hand.

"Yea." Everyone says.

"Yea. As far as Mr. Mayhem goes, let's hear pros and cons." Jax says.

"He tried to kill you. That would be a pro." Tig says.

"We only got the word of a non member."

"GoGo and Greg tried to kill Unser. Nomads were on a spree." Clay says.

"Yeah, and he shot Lyla, tried to whack me." Chibs reminds them.

"Right."

"Frankie's made his bed, Jackie." Chibs says.

"Anyone else?" Jax asks and is met with silence, "Okay. All in favor of Frankie Diamonds meeting Mr. Mayhem."

"Aye." Chibs votes.