Sixty

Ellie wakes up back at her house and finds her dad shirtless and smoking a cigarette at the kitchen table. He stares at the floor and remembers his wife and Eli's blood everywhere. He sees Ellie walk in and puts his cigarette out as she sits across from him.

"Don't tell anyone about last night until I figure all this out."

"Okay." Ellie nods, reaching across the table and putting her hand on top of his, "What are you gonna do?"

"I really don't know," Jax rubs his thumb over the back of her hand, "Probably go to Wayne and talk to him. I know how close he is with my mom. I'm gonna call Wendy and ask her to help you watch the boys."

"Are you okay?" Ellie asks him noticing the dark circles under his eyes.

"Yeah."

"No, you're not."

"Why do you say that?" Jax asks.

Ellie answers, "Because I'm not."

"I'm gonna visit your mom later. Want to come with me?" Ellie nods.

"I'm sorry, dad." Ellie stares at his wedding ring on his hand, "I knew Gemma was crazy, but I never thought she'd do something like that. When I came back home, I never realized how much she liked to be in control of everything... including you."

"She lied to me about who did it. She lied to me about everything. She lied to me about my dad..." Jax tears up, "I keep stuff from you kids, but I never lie to you like that... especially you, El. You're older now. You observe and see stuff that I'm blind to. Just like your mom. Shit that I don't wanna see. I'm sorry that it took you and your mom to get here for me to open my eyes. And I'm sorry that I keep saying sorry all the time."

"Are you-" Ellie bluntly asks, "Are you gonna kill her?"

"I'm scared that I can't give you a definite answer."

"Daddy?" Their conversation is ended when Abel wakes up and asks for breakfast.

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

Jax visits Unser at his trailer. Unser has a bulletin board with photos of the crime scene.

"I know you and Gemma have been helping Juice. I need to know how that happened." Jax plays dumb, hiding the truth, wanting to see what Unser knows.

"Who the hell told you that?"

"Just tell me, Unser."

"Gemma was helping him because she didn't want anyone else to get hurt."

"But why would Juice go to my mom in the first place?"

"I'm not sure how that all came together. I assumed they crossed paths somewhere. You know, by a weed shop or something."

"That doesn't make sense. You were with my mom the night Tara got attacked."

"Yeah."

"What was going on with her?"

"She was upset. She knew you were gonna get picked up by the sheriffs."

"Did she call you after she saw the chinese?"

"Yeah. Yeah, well, after we found out what happened. She was wrecked. We both were. But she didn't tell me what she saw. Only the club was privy to that."

"What--?"

"What are you digging at, son?"

"I need a face to face with Juice. Can you call Jarry, set that up?"