Thirty-Six

Jax lies in bed with Tara. It's four in the morning and he can't sleep. He decides to get up. He gets dressed and walks into the kitchen. He's suprised to find Ellie awake at the kitchen table. She looks exhausted, head resting on an open book. "Hey? Can't sleep?"

"No." Ellie yawns, trying to wipe the sleep from her eyes, "I... haven't really been sleeping."

"Go get dressed," Jax tells her, "Let's go for a ride."

"A ride where?"

"The clubhouse." He tells her, watching her get up with a shrug as he puts on his shoes, jacket, cut, and rings.

Once Ellie is dressed, and Jax is ready, he writes a note to Tara and tells her they couldn't sleep and that they'd be at the compound. Once the house is locked up, he starts the bike. He grabs the extra helmet, looking back at a nervous Ellie, "It's alright, baby!" He shouts over the loud engine and puts the helmet on her, making sure the chin strap is on correctly and snug. He instructs her, showing her how to get on. Once she's on, he gets back in front of her and shouts, "Hold on tight! Lean with me!" Ellie's nervous at the loud engine, and the vibrations, it's all very unfamiliar to her. At 6 years old, she never was old enough to ride before so this would be a first for her. Jax starts off slow, a huge smile on his face, as he rides down the residential streets. He feels Ellie's arms wrapped tightly around him and laughs as car alarms are triggered as his harley passes. Eventually, when he gives her a few minutes to get used to the feel of a bike, he speeds up. He purposely takes the long way to the clubhouse, speeding down the highway, showing off. He feels so much pride seeing the smile on her face as they finally pull up to the gate at the compound. Jax gets off to unlock the gate and mounts his bike. He rides to his usual spot and parks. He helps Ellie off the bike and unclips her helmet.

"So, how'd you like your first ride?"

"It was scary, at first... and then... fun," She stands on shakey legs.

Jax laughs, "That's my girl. Maybe I can teach you how to drive one in a few years."

"Oh no," Ellie shakes her head, "I'm good. Mom's gonna be mad enough about this."

"Mom'll get over it," Jax puts his arms over her shoulders, walking her to the clubhouse, "I can't wait till your brothers get old enough."

"Three harleys parked in the garage, I can see it now," Ellie jokes.

"Hell yeah." Jax smirks, "My boys sure as hell won't be driving a car to high school."

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

"Alright, the meeting's all set with Galen and the cartel. Finally get this big gun deal locked down. Make green and brown happy." Jax says.

"It's currently black that concerns me." Clay says.

"Everyone else too. People are putting this home invasion shit on the club." Frankie says.

"Yeah, locals are very skittish, man." GoGo says.

"We can't control what people think. Charming's love and hate swings back and forth on us. It always has." The President says.

"Be aware, son. As long as these attacks keep happening and that hate swings that far out, we may never get the love back." Clay barks back.

"You guys are all full of shit. Town knows these attacks are not on us." Tig says.

"That's right." Juice nods.