Forty

Ellie's sitting across from her mom at the kitchen table. She's eating a bowl of cereal while Tara looks through a pile of papers. Jax walks in and grabs the carton of milk from the fridge, pouring some into a glass, "What's all this?"

"That, uh, pediatrics practice in Providence made me an offer yesterday." Tara tells him.

"Wow. Are they okay with the hand?"

"Yeah. I'd finish the rehab up there. They need a neonatal specialist. If we can get through this Otto mess."

"Which we will." Jax reminds her.

"I know why you couldn't walk away a few months ago. The club's been your whole life, you couldn't let it die. I think I fell in love with you even more because of that. You're a beautiful, loyal man, Jax. But ending RICO saves SAMCRO. And whatever happens with Clay, you have put the MC on the right track. You've done everything you wanted to do, baby. It's your turn, now. We can move on. And after yesterday, I- I can't help but feel like this is some kind of last chance for us."

Jax sighs, "Well, we don't have to make that decision now."

"Yeah, we do. They're gonna want an answer by the end of the week." Tara exhales.

"Look, let's talk to Lowen first. Figure out this Otto mess."

"Okay, baby." Tara watches him leave the kitchen, heading down the hall to the boys room.

Ellie looks up from her cereal and sees her mom staring at her. Tara folds up her papers and puts them away, "What do you think, Ellie? Would you wanna move?"

"I don't care. As long as we're all together." Ellie answers honestly.

"Still wanting to go back to regular school?" Tara asks, "They have really good schools down there. The high school is close to the elementary school so that's a plus."

"Maybe my last year," Ellie shrugs, "It'd be nice to go somewhere where noone knows about... you know, my past."

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

"Actually, I turned it down. You know, you and me- we sat in that tow truck a few months back, and, uh, you told me how you wanted out. You wanted something better for your boys. That we were gonna make some bank, move on."

"That changed when you murdered Piney and tried to kill my wife."

"This isn't about me and my mistakes. It's about you. And the one that you're about to make. This CIA cartel thing has a shelf life. And by the time they split, all the legit shit that you've been putting in place will be in full swing. But for now, you got to keep Romeo in place. Make your bank, son."

"Stop calling me son!"