Six

"Your labs came back perfect, Ellie," The pediatric doctor explains to the 13 year old girl with a comforting smile, "I'll be back tomorrow morning to check in with you and see how you're doing."

Dr. Helen, the hospitals psychiatrist, waits until the other doctor leaves the room before she sits beside the teenagers bed, "Guess who I spoke with today?"

She gets no response as Ellie stares at the wall with no expression on her face. She had been anxiously waiting to reunite with her family and just wanted to leave the hospital. The poor girl desperately wanted to see her family.

"Your parents."

At that, Ellie looks at Dr. Helen with wide eyes, a small smile creeping up onto her face, "What? What did they say?"

"They're excited to come pick you up and bring you home this Friday," The doctor smiles at the young girl, "The adults worked everything out, you don't have to worry about a thing, okay? How does that make you feel?"

"Excited." Ellie answered honestly with tears in her eyes, "And... nervous."

"What are you nervous about?"

"I haven't seen them in so long and they haven't seen me," Ellie stops in thought, "What if... what if they don't like who I am now?"

"Oh, Ellie, they're gonna love you just like they always have. You may have grown up, but you're still their daughter. That will never change. It's normal to be a little nervous, but don't stress yourself out now. Everything's gonna be okay."

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

"It's crazy, man." Opie stands next to his best friend, a comforting hand on his shoulder, "Your son coming home from the hospital and your daughter finally coming home all in the same week."

Jax nods, "I know. You and Tara are the only ones who know about Ellie."

"Gemma's gonna flip when she hears it," Opie looks back at all his brothers drinking and horsing around in front of the clubhouse, "When are you gonna tell everyone?"

"At Abel's party. Well, Gemma's party," Jax snorts. "Tara and I gotta buy new stuff for Ellie's room. When Ellie's here, Tara's movin' in... said she'd help with Abel, too."

"What about Wendy?"

"What about her?"

Jax takes one last drag from his cigarette before tossing the butt on the ground as Opie smirks while shaking his head.

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

A lot more drama had been stirred up with the club recently. Of course, just when things were starting to look up for Jax, shit has to go South. When Jax and Piney sold a number of AK47 assault rifles to Meineke early this morning, Meineke used the same weapons in a shoot out with the police where two innocent bystanders are shot and killed. Meineke dropped his fucking cell phone at the scene and now they have a new bitch, Agent June Stahl, breathing down their necks and investigating their every move. To make things worse, Teller-Morrow Automotive Repair was the last number he called. On top of all that, Juice returns to the clubhouse with the weapons and brings Cherry. As in, Clay's-little-whore-while-out-on-a-run Cherry. Yeah, Gemma ain't too happy about that.

"How could you bring her here, Jackson?!" Mother Gemma exclaims as she shouts at her son and resists the urge to slap him across the face. How could he bring that trash?

Jax glares at his mother and leans against the closed door of the office at TM. He sighs and rubs his eyes, "None of this was supposed to happen. I'm supposed to be planning for my son and daughter to come home! Not deal with all of this fucking bullshit!"

"Well, you should've thought of that-" Gemma freezes and uncrosses her arms as her son's words go through her head again, her anger now dismissed, "Wait- what? What did you just say? Daughter?"

Jax nods and he's unable to hold back a smile as his mother tears up and pulls him into her arms, "Oh my God. Our little girl is coming home. H-how did you find out?"

"Tara and I talked to Lowen. Lawyers got everything figured out. Was planning to tell everyone at Abel's homecoming party." Gemma kisses his cheek before pulling back to wipe her tears. "I can't have all this shit going on with Stahl and ATF- I can't have it around my kids."

"I'll talk to Clay. I'll tell him about the kids." Gemma has a determined look in her eyes. Her broken family was finally coming together and she wouldn't let anything stop it from happening. For years, that little girl's family blamed themselves for her sudden dissapearance. Everything was different now.

 Everything was different now