Forty-Eight

Ellie lays next to her mother in bed. Trying to help her recover from the miscarriage she had.

"You should eat something, babe." Jax comes in and crouches down next to the bed.

"No, I can't."

"I'll take the boys to day care. You need to rest."

"Thank you."

"I have to check in with the club, but then I'll come home, okay?"

"It's okay. I'll be fine. Ellie's with me."

"Okay." Jax kisses her hand and gives Ellie a small smile. He turns around to leave when Tara asks, "What are you gonna do about Gemma?"

"Don't worry about her. Restraining order keeps her away from you and the kids."

"Who's gonna bail her out?"

"I don't give a shit." Jax says. He closes the bedroom door and gets the boys ready.

Ellie cuddles up against her mom, resting her head on her shoulder. Tara holds her close, playing with the ends of her long dark brown hair, "I love you, Ellie."

"I love you, Mom."

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

At the station, Sheriff Roosevelt asks Gemma what happened with Tara. Gemma tells Eli what actually happened and that she doesn't believe Tara was ever pregnant.

"Why am I still here?"

"Well, you haven't given my sheriffs anything. I need more information before I process you."

"You got everything you need. Eyewitness saw me kick my pregnant daughter in the stomach."

"Is that how it went down?"

"I'm the dirty biker whore with a record. She's the good doctor. Does it really matter what I have to say?"

"I need your statement. Tell me what happened."

"Jax's ex found out that Tara was setting up a will, some kind of legal shit that would give custody of the boys to a stranger--"

"Margaret Murphy. Administrator."

"Yeah. I went down there to confront Tara. She baited me. Hit me. I checked myself and I did not hit her back. Then she threw herself on the edge of her desk and started screaming that I kicked her in the stomach. Hurt that baby."

"And the eyewitnesses?"

"Margaret Murphy and Wendy Case, Jax's ex. They had to be part of it. I know how this sounds. My granddaughter, Ellie, was there too. I don't think she had an idea what was going on."

"But why, Gemma? Why would framing you be worth causing her own miscarriage?"

"To keep me away from her family. I don't think she was ever pregnant."

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

"How's Tara doing?"

"She'll be okay."

"How're you?"

"I don't need to talk about it. Look, the shit that went down between my mom and Tara was crazy."

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~