Thirty-Three

It's early in the morning and Tara gets ready for work. She's got the boys awake, getting them dressed. Ellie's awake, schoolwork in hand, ready to spend the evening in her mother's office at the hospital. Jax is dressed ready to head out for the day.

"Now what?" Ellie hears her mom ask her dad.

"I fix it. I'm gonna keep Rat here at night. I want you carrying that gun."

"Okay."

"We're doing Piney's thing today."

"I know."

"You don't have to come."

"I can't. I'm training my new replacement. Starting my new duties."

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah. Me too. What?"

"I don't know how we do this, Tara. I don't know where it all goes."

"I know."

"But we do it as a family. I can promise you that. I love you."

"I love you."

Jax comes out into the living room and sees Abel and Ellie waiting for their mom and Thomas. Jax calls over Abel, who's playing with his toys, holds him and says his goodbyes, "Hey. Come here. All right, then, little monster. I'll see you later, okay?"

Abel hugs his dad and runs back to his toys after he puts him down. Jax sits on the couch next to Ellie, looking down at her books, "Going with your mom?"

"Yeah." Ellie tells him, "Gonna finish my work for the week."

Tara walks into the living room with Thomas in his car seat when Jax asks, "What time is Gemma coming?"

"She's not. I'm taking the kids with me. I got them into the day care center at the hospital."

"I thought we were gonna wait."

"Till there was an opening. I found out yesterday. It's the best thing for Abel, and lets me be close to Thomas. You know, regular feedings."

"Gemma know?"

"Not yet."

"Whatever you think's best." Jax tells her, knowing Tara does everything in the best interest of their children, "Suprised El's not going with Gemma today."

"She's gonna see Ellie and Kenny later today," Tara tells him, "Babysit for Lyla."

"Alright." Jax kisses Ellie and stands up to leave, "Be safe, 'kay."

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

Jax is now president of the club, Bobby is still in prison, Clay is out of hospital, but still recovering from his gunshot wounds at the hands of Opie, Gemma is seeing a man by the name of Nero Padilla, and the club members believe the One-Niners killed Piney and shot Clay. SAMCRO is holding a memorial for Piney. Jax tries to assure Opie that Clay's punishment will come, but it wouldn't be wise to act yet. Opie warns about the effects of the gavel.

"The truth will come out, man. It just can't be now. Too many people will get hurt. I'm sorry you see that as a betrayal."

"The only betrayal that I see is Clay not being the one going in that hole." Opie says.

"Yeah. I know you can't sit at the table with him. I was wrong to ask you. I love you, Ope. And I want you in SAMCRO, but whatever you decide to do, I'm gonna back you. I hope you know that."

"What I know is that the gavel turns shit around."

"I'm not gonna turn into Clay."

"I'm more afraid that I'm gonna turn into you."