Seven

Half-empty boxes, completely empty boxes, and folded up boxes crowd the living room of Tara's childhood home. Her daughter coming home brought her a new sense of energy that she hadn't felt in so long. She wanted Ellie's transition back into her parents lives to go as smoothly and stress free as possible. Tara had been meeting up with fellow doctors, social workers, therapists, really anyone who could provide some information or helpful tips for her family's unique situation. She also brushed up on some of her old pediatric psychology textbooks. Her dad's old house was the first major obstacle. She and Jax decided to clean it out and she wanted nothing to do with it once it was passed over to the realtor. Tara went room by room, throwing most of the dusty old junk in garbage bags, and picking through stuff that could be donated.

"Hey?" Gemma peeked at Tara from the kitchen with cleaning gloves on and her hair tied back, "What are you doing with all of these dishes?"

"I was gonna wrap them with the newspaper on the table. I'm gonna donate them," Tara wiped the thin layer of sweat coating her forehead and gave Gemma a thankful smile.

"Sure thing, Doc."

Gemma was very helpful and willing to do anything that would benefit her grandkids. The tragedy of having a missing granddaughter brought her and Tara closer and closer. All the years that Ellie was gone made her family closer and stronger than ever.

"Trash?" Tara asked as she went into the kitchen and saw Gemma wrapping the dishes and placing them in boxes. "Right there." Tara grabbed the two black bags, which were suprisingly light, and carried them to the curb where she set them for the prospects when they stopped by later and hauled them off to the dump.

Something on the windshield of her dad's old Cutlass caught her eye. She squinted her eyes and picked up one of the pink rose petals. What the hell? She thought as she held them in her palm. Josh... quickly flashed through her mind as she clenched her fist and let the wilted petals fall on the pavement. A scan up and down the street showed no sign of suspicious activity as she hurried back into the house and shut the front door.

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

Tara was taking a much needed break at the clubhouse with Gemma. They sat at the bar and shared gossip when Half-Sac stormed passed them and hurried into church where the guys were having a meeting.

"Clay? You better get out here."

They could hear Half-Sac's voice as all the guys got up and followed their President outside. Gemma was hot on his heels while Jax and Tara shared a look before hurrying to the parking lot.

"Well, you're either feds or limo drivers." Clay said as they all found Agent Stahl out front.

"That's her." Jax whispered to Tara, "She's been lookin' into the club."

"Oh shit." Tara quietly mumbled under her breath as she watched the scene unfold.

"Agent Stahl, ATF." She flashed her badge, "I'm looking for the owner of Teller-Morrow Automotive."

"That's me."

"Come on." David Hale handcuffed him, "Let's go, Clay."

"You gonna bother mentioning a charge?"

"No charges yet. I just need to discuss your relationship with a Nate Meineke."

"Who?" Clay played dumb.

"Nate Meineke. He's one of the men who held up a prison transport vehicle this morning. Killed three people with AK-47s. We found Mr. Meineke's cell phone at the scene. Last call he received was from your garage." She explained as he was brought over to the car, "Preference?"

"Lady's choice." Clay was put into the backseat.

"Oh! Tattoos and chivalry. Delicious combination." The Agent joked.

Jax and Piney shared a look as the feds drove off. Gemma looked around and cursed under her breath, "What the hell was that all about?"

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

"I just called Nate to confirm the meet. I never thought anything like this would happen."

"You had no idea what they were up to, Pop."

"I don't get off that easy though. I let friendship interfere with business. I know better."

"Gotta reach out to them, Piney. We need to find these guys before the feds do."

"Nate would not rat on me."

"No, but his dipshit kid sure as hell would."

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

"Jax say anything about you moving your stuff in yet?" Gemma asks Tara as they stand in her son's living room and decorate for Abel's homecoming party. She wants everything perfect and would rather decorate than worry about Clay sitting at the jail being questioned.

"The streamers look good with the blue walls." Tara completely ignored Gemma's questions, not wanting to give away the suprise about Ellie also coming home this weekend.

"Hey." Gemma stops fiddling with the banner as she senses something with the Doctor who's staring off in space with deep thought. She goes over to her and puts a comforting hand on her shoulder, "Everything alright?"

"Yeah." Tara says too quickly, pointing behind her, "Just... thinking."

"I'm sorry, sweetheart." It clicks in Gemma's head as she embraces the young woman, "I didn't think how all this stuff with Abel must be making you feel. I should've-"

"No. It's okay. Really," Tara holds back the tears that threaten to blur her vision, "I'm happy for Abel, Jax. I'm happy he gets to experience having a son. Abel's a strong little boy."

"Yeah and he had a good team of doctors who went above and beyond for him." Gemma looks around at the living room decorations they have up, "And, in case you haven't noticed, I don't see his junkie mother around here."

Tara gives a small smile and nods as she takes a deep breath and thinks of her little girl. Only a few more days...

She ends up staying a little late before heading back to her father's house

She ends up staying a little late before heading back to her father's house. Jax leaves her a voicemail and tells her that he's heading home and he'll catch up with her if she's still there. He's had a long day and wants to vent to her.