Fifty

When Tara wakes, she realizes that her gun has gone missing. She hears a noise in the other room and immediately assumes that something horrible has happened.

"Thomas? Oh, God. Abel!" She opens the door to Thomas's room and finds his crib empty. In a panic, she calls out for Abel. When she opens the door to his room, she sees Abel tossing in bed and Jax standing over him with Thomas in his arms.

"You should let him sleep." Tara follows Jax out into the living room and sees Ellie sitting on the couch. She looks like she got no sleep and stands up when her parents enter the room.

"Hi, sweetie." Tara takes Thomas from him.

"There'll be someone watching you. Don't try to take them anywhere."

"What are you gonna do?" Tara eyes his bag of clothes.

"I don't know. I can't see anything right now. But if I don't put some distance here, someone's gonna get hurt." He tells her.

Ellie stands up from the couch, confused and upset, "Dad?" She asks.

Jax turns around and his eyes soften as he stares at his daughter, "Yeah?"

Ellie holds back tears. She's upset seeing her parents act like this. She looks at her mom and then rushes to her dad, squeezing him tight, "Please, be careful."

"I will." Jax hugs her tightly, "I love you."

"I love you too," Ellie steps back and watches him leave. She feels heartbroken not knowing if they could fix all of the problems they've been having lately.

Tara tells her to eat breakfast before they go to the hospital again.

~ SOA ~ ~ SOA ~

After Tara puts Abel and Thomas in daycare, Margaret meets up with her and Ellie.

"I saw the boys were in daycare, was hoping you might be here."

"Yeah. Just looking at lawyer resumes."

"Why? What happened?"

"Jax knows the truth. He threatened Lowen and she told him everything."

"What did he do?"

"Oh, he didn't hurt her. Me, either. And I don't know what pushed him at Lowen."

"Gemma. She came here yesterday. Said she knew I forged documents to help you. Threatened to tell the hospital. She was bluffing, but my response was, uh, too cavalier. She knew I was protecting you."

"What happened?"

"I told her she couldn't prove anything. She said she didn't have to, that her son would. She just needed a more reliable source than a junkie. Wendy must have talked. I was afraid to go home last night, Tara. I told Dave that I had to work through the night. And I- I stayed here, where I knew there were guards."

"No, no, Jax- Jax got his information from Lowen. I really doubt he'd bother you."

"I can't take that chance. I'm sorry. Um, I've got three weeks of vacation and comp time, and I'm gonna take em. I'm gonna go stay with my sister in Sedona."

"I understand." Tara hugs her and a teary-eyed Margaret leaves.

Tara looks at Ellie, knowing that all of the information she heard just connected the dots for her, "Baby... I'm sorry."

"I get it, mom. You're trying to protect us- especially the boys. They're young. I mean, look what happened to me... and the first time wasn't even related to the club. It's this town. The violence. I just- I wish you would've told me."