The Repair

Tay's P.O.V.

Jenna never took her arms from me. In a way, it seemed as though she had to be touching me in some way to survive, and that was how I felt. I needed her by my side because this girl had always been my oxygen, and she still was. Now that she was here, touching me like I was gold, I felt whole again. For the first time in years, I didn't feel like some worthless piece of nothing that could say "being used fits my job description."

As we walked back to the bar, Jenna grabbed my hand and I looked down at our hands. She seemed hesitant in the way she held my hand, and she moved my fingers a few times before intertwining them.

"You know," she began to say, and I melted again when I heard that accent, "holding hands can mean many different things."

I looked up at her and saw that she was now looking at me, so our eyes met. "Yeah," I said. "I know."

Jenna smiled a little, and we both leant against each other, walking into the bar. She told Vic that we were going to catch up, and he let her go without any more questions. Before we turned away, Jordan saw me from the back. He smiled at me and nodded before going back to the guys.

I must have been smiling like an idiot as Jenna and I walked back to my house, because she asked why I was so bubbly.

Looking up at her, my smile only grew. "I just missed you," I said. "A lot." Jenna returned the smile and we continued walking, our fingers intertwined.

Finally, we arrived at my house and I let Jenna inside, a nervous smile on my face. I brushed my hair behind my ear and bit my lip as Jenna looked around the inside, walking over to the couch. She sat on the back of it and, with a beautiful smile, fell back onto the cushion with her feet still resting on the back of it.

"I'm flying!" she squealed, and then laughed, so I closed the front door and walked over to the couch, mimicking her position.

"You're adorable," I said without thinking, and our eyes met for the millionth time that night. My eyes flicked down to her lips, and she bit her bottom one before quickly releasing it. When I looked up at her, I saw that she was staring at my own lips.

Jenna took a soft breath and lifted her eyes so that they locked on mine, causing my heart to flutter as she sent a soft smile my way.

"Hummingbird heartbeat," I blurted out, and Jenna giggled.

"What?" she asked. We both sat up and I shook my head.

"Goddammit, I ruined the moment."

"Little bit, but it's all right, love. Now, wanna explain the 'hummingbird heartbeat' thing?"

Honestly, I didn't even realize that the words poured out of my mouth. All I was thinking about was that she was making my heart beat ridiculously fast and I felt like I was high, and then the Katy Perry song started playing in my head, so I blurted it out.

With a small laugh, I turned my body to face Jenna, so she mimicked me with a "show me what ya got" look on her face.

"You make me feel like I'm losing my virginity," I sang, and then face-palmed as we both started laughing. "Oh, God, I can't sing this with a straight face."

"Aw, please," Jenna begged. "Not only do I love your voice, but you're really really cute when you blush."

I made a face of disapproval. "Am I blushing?"

Jenna laughed. "Oh, yeah. Big time. Please keep singing." She gave me those damned puppy eyes and I groaned.

"The first time every time when you're touching me," I continued. "I'll make you bloom like a flower that you've never seen. Under the sun we are one buzzing energy. Let's pollinate to create a family tree." Jenna burst out into laughter and fell back on the couch. "This evolution with you comes naturally. Some call it science, we call it chemistry-"