The Gift for Tay

Tay's P.O.V.

"Love," Jenna tried again for the millionth time.

"Well, I guess black does look better on me," I continued, trying to ignore her. "I never was one for bright-"

Jenna pulled me into a soft kiss, shutting me up immediately. When she pulled away, she laced our fingers together. "What's wrong?" she asked.

I sighed and sat down on the small seat in the dressing room. "Alex is starting to piss me off," I confessed. She tilted her head, so I bit my lip. "He freaked out earlier. He gave me this bracelet, and then he saw the ring. He's in love with me Jenna, he said so. He just flipped out and said that he couldn't truly handle this anymore; that you and I are perfect for each other and it's breaking him. He's glad that you make me happy, but he doesn't know if he can take it anymore."

Jenna furrowed her eyebrows. "He's jealous?" I nodded. "Well, that's strange. Alex doesn't really seem like the jealous type. He just seems a little competitive."

"Well, because he's a guy. Everything's a competition."

"True, true." We smiled at each other and Jenna pulled me by my hand so that I was standing in front of her. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

We kissed softly before leaving the room, leaving the few dresses on the hooks. Then we decided to take a walk around town.

Jenna and I held hands as we messed around, walking along the curbs and running into various stores. We tried on crazy hats, got lunch, and somehow almost got kicked out of Staples, which I don't even remember the reason we went there in the first place. I'm pretty sure Jenna accidentally stole a Sharpie.

Then we made our way to the pet store. We picked up puppy after puppy, taking pictures. There was one particular dog that I seriously fell in love with immediately, a chocolate Labrador puppy. Although we didn't buy her, it was awesome to see all the little animals with my fiancée.

After the pet store, we went grocery shopping. Jenna and I picked up some food for dinner--her completely unable to stop touching me--and then we went home.

As soon as we got back, Jenna's phone went off and she "rawr-ed" in immediate response. I laughed at her as she pulled it out of her pocket.

"Yo," she answered.

Let me just say that, with that adorable Australian accent, "yo" sounds really cute coming from Jenna.

"Wait, wait, really?" Jenna questioned into her phone. "But, you... Well, of course... My girlfriend. I don't know."

I decided to put away the groceries to make myself useful while Jenna talked on the phone.

"Do you want me to come pick you up?"

I cocked an eyebrow as I closed the refrigerator door, wondering who Jenna was talking to. Was she talking to Vic?

"Yeah, yeah. Yeah sure. Be there soon." Jenna giggled. "Okay, I'll talk to you later. 'Bye."

She hung up and replaced her phone in her pocket. I rested my arms on the kitchen counter, looking at Jenna.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Jenna smiled and leaned forward. "Might I borrow your vehicle of transportation?"

I raised my eyebrows. "Why?"

"Because I need to pick up my friend so she can get to her hotel."

"She?"

"Yeah 'she.' We met on the plane to California. Can I please borrow your car?"

I sighed. "Fine. Just be back soon, please."

"Yes, ma'am."

Jenna leaned across the counter and kissed me lightly before smiling and walking out the door.

Jenna's P.O.V.

"Can I meet this girlfriend of yours?" Tess asked as we walked up to her hotel room.

"Maybe," I shrugged. "I don't know. Oh!"

Tess laughed at me. "What?"

"I was going to buy her something! Come with me, please!"

She giggled and rolled her eyes. "Fine."

I fist-pumped as she opened her hotel room and tossed her bags inside. Then she closed the door and walked with me.

"So, how long have you and Tay been dating?" Tess asked as we walked into the pet store.

"Not very long, but it feels like it's been forever."

"In a good way?" Tess cocked an eyebrow.

"Definitely." We walked to the back, where I saw a familiar little puppy. "There."

"That's Tay?"

I laughed. "Shut up. No, this is the dog Tay wants. They had an instant connection, it was amazing."

"So, you're gonna get the dog?"

"Yep."

Tess got an employee to get the dog and let her into the little play area, so we could play with her. She was a very energetic puppy, and she kind of reminded me of Tay: very happy, very energetic, very loving, very curious.

Although, Tay doesn't lick my face whenever I pick her up.

Finally, I signed a few papers and other things and then, the puppy was mine.

I dropped Tess off at her hotel and she suggested maybe lunch tomorrow.

"Sure," I said with a smile.

"See you tomorrow, then," she said, and then looked back at the little puppy. " 'Bye, cutie!"

The dog barked and happily wagged her tail before Tess smiled and walked away.