The Last Night

Tay's P.O.V.

Lindsey walked away from me and I sighed, burying my face in my hands. There was a light knock on the patio door and I saw Jenna standing there, dripping wet, with a sad look. Then I realized that it was pouring outside.

I walked to the door and unlocked it, opening it.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm an idiot, okay? And I'm really, really, really, really-"

I pulled Jenna into a kiss and we wrapped our arms around each other. She pressed my body between her own and the wall, still kissing me. She slowly pulled away, as if she didn't want to but knew that she had to. We kissed for a few more seconds before she finally pulled away.

Jenna bit her lip and I realized that her eyes were blue, so I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the stools at the counter.

"I..." she started, and then sighed. "Vic called."

"Oh," I said. I didn't want to release her hand.

"He said that I should probably get back to Australia soon, if I'm going to continue live there."

My heart clenched inside of me. "Oh."

Jenna looked down. "I should get back to him, get my stuff."

"Wha- wh-why?"

She sighed and looked back up at me. "The flight leaves at five in the morning."

I choked on my tears and released Jenna's hand, standing up to walk away from her. She walked after me and placed her hands on my hips.

"I'll visit, I promise," she said.

"It's not the same," I said sadly, trying to keep myself from crying again. "I just...it's not the same, Jenna."

"Love, I know-"

"Live here, with me."

"Tay..."

"Seriously. You practically live with me right now. We fill out some papers, you can help out with payments-"

"Tay." Jenna moved her hands to my face and stared into my eyes. "I love you."

"Then stay." I rested my head against her hand a little more and Jenna slowly kissed me. "Jenna, live with me, please. Don't stay in Australia. How do I know that you won't just forget about me again?"

With a sigh and an eye roll, Jenna grabbed my hips and pulled me against her. "You know that I love you, right?" she asked, and I nodded. "Then trust me. I will do whatever I can to come back for holidays, your birthday, and for anything else. We will talk every day, no matter what time it is in Sydney, and I will never forget you."

I slowly wrapped my arms around Jenna's neck and she pressed her forehead to mine, sighing.

We stared into each other's eyes and I bit my lip.

"We're gonna make the most of your last day," I said, and Jenna furrowed her eyebrows, pulling back to tilt her head. "It is..." I looked at the time on the stove. "It's eight o'clock. The best time for you to go to sleep is around eleven, right?" Jenna nodded. "We're going to have this night to ourselves. Anything you wanna do, and we'll do it."

"Let's rob a bank."

"Except that." Jenna smiled and pulled me into a kiss, one that I didn't hesitate to return. "We can do this, though..."

Jenna laughed and we kissed again, our arms around each other as we smiled and kissed. I tangled my fingers in her hair and she gripped my hips, looping her index fingers through my belt loops.