The Cool Uncle Alex

Tay's P.O.V.

Jenna eventually released my hand, slumping a little in her seat as she literally buried her face in the menu. I tried to ignore it, but I set the menu down and moved over to Jenna's side.

"Look at me," I demanded.

She groaned in reply and kept her head covered.

"Jenna Rachael McDougall, look at me right now, goddammit."

Slowly, Jenna raised her head and looked at me. I sighed and grabbed her hands, intertwining our fingers together.

"I love you, more than I could ever put into words. You are the air that I breathe, you are the reason I smile, you are the reason I get out of bed in the morning, and you are the reason that I am still alive. Ever since you told me that you wanted to marry me, I have been freaking out about a future because I am a fuck-up when it comes to relationships."

"That's not-"

"Please, don't interrupt." She nodded slowly. "You are the only thing in my life that makes sense and always will. I wake up in the morning wishing you'll never leave, and I go to sleep at night wishing we'll never have to wake up. All I want is to spend the rest of my life with you. And yes, one day, I want to raise a family with you, okay? Now is not the time to talk about this though. It's too overwhelming to have those conversations when we've only been dating for a short time."

Jenna looked up into my eyes again. "You want to raise a family with me?"

"Of course."

Her lips twitched into a small smile. "Taylor Jardine, I love you so much."

"I love you, too, Jenna McDougall."

She smiled at me again and the waitress walked back with our waters. I returned to my seat across from Jenna, and she grabbed my hand over the table.

Not long after we already began eating, my phone started ringing. I swallowed my bite of food and pulled phone out of my back pocket, seeing that it was Alex.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Would you and Jenna just get married already?" he asked.

I sighed. "What do you want?"

"I want to go to a Jenlor Jardougall wedding! So propose and get on with it."

I looked at Jenna and excused myself from the table, walking outside. "We have only been dating for a little over a week."

"When it's love, it's love. GET MARRIED."

"Jesus Christ, I think she wants to propose to me. Besides, we just got over the family conversation."

"FAMILY CONVERSATION? ARE YOU GONNA RAISE A LITTLE JARDOUGALL FAMILY? HOW MANY KIDS WILL THERE BE? CAN I BE COOL UNCLE ALEX WHO IS THE FIRST TO EXPOSE YOUR SON TO PORNOGRAPHY-"

"Definitely no on that last one."

"CAN I PLEASE BE PART OF YOUR PERFECT LITTLE FAMILY?"

"Lex, we didn't really talk about anything."

"Oh." I could practically hear him deflate. "Well, what did you guys talk about?"

"How we love each other. I have to go, okay? We're out on a little lunch date."

"You're killing me over here, Jardine-soon-to-be-McDougall."

I smiled a little. "I'll call you back later, Lex. Promise."

"Mhm hm. Talk to you later."

We said goodbye and I walked back into the diner to see Jenna looking up at me with a lost puppy look. When I smiled at her, she grinned beautifully. I returned to my seat and just stared at her, getting lost in those beautiful eyes. For ten years I have been a slave to those eyes, and I still was. Biting my lip, I turned my gaze to her own lips, remembering how many times I wished I were tasting them ten years ago.

I had always been in love with Jenna, and nothing would ever change that.

Jenna's P.O.V.

"Let's go shopping!" Tay yelled, tugging on my hand. I smiled at her and just let her drag me into the mall. "I wanna buy you stuff."

"No, no, no," I said, pulling her beside me. "I insist that you let me buy you something."

Tay tapped her chin in a very cute way and pointed to a baby in a carriage, being pushed by his mother. "Buy me that baby."

"What- no!"

Tay giggled and I rolled my eyes, laughing at her. As we walked, our fingers intertwined, my eyes fell on a jewelry store. She continued to walk as I began to slow down. Before Tay could ask what I was doing, I declared that I was zoning out and we continued walking.

"Hey, Tay?" I questioned as we left the mall. She hummed, pulling my arm tighter around her. "How long should we be dating before I can propose to you?"

"I dunno," she said adorably.

"Well, let me tell you that if I could, I'd do it right now."

She laughed and looked up at me, her eyes sparkling.

We got into her car and she drove us back to her house, where we, without hesitation, raced upstairs to her bedroom.

"I'm gonna take a bubble bath," she said, sliding her sweatshirt off. I nodded and sat on her bed. She walked into the bathroom and turned on the water, letting it run. Then I just sat, watching her undress right before me. She sent me a soft smile before closing the door, so I smiled and laid back.

This girl, I swear, she had me wrapped around her little finger. I would honestly do anything for her. I guess that feeling of love was branched off of the friendship we had when we were kids, that feeling of "I would give my life for you."

I looked over at my phone, where it sat on the bed, right beside me. Biting my lip, I wrapped my hand around and held it in front of me. I clicked on the text icon and pressed the conversation with Sam.

To Sam:

How long should Tay and I be dating before I can propose???

I sighed and a few seconds later, my phone buzzed.

From Sam:

Hang on a second while I go scream of happiness brb

I laughed and before I could text back, she got to it.

From Sam:

Okay we're good... WHY?! WHEN DO YOU WANT TO PROPOSE TO HER?! HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WANTING TO?!?!?!

To Sam:

Oh God idk a while. We've been talking about it maybe idk all I know is that I want to marry her...

From Sam:

Hey hey hey hey hey hey heeeeeey Jenna Jenna guess what Jenna

To Sam:

...what

From Sam:

YOU ME AND LINDSEY ARE GONNA GO RING SHOPPING K? K

To Sam:

...now???

From Sam:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh yus