The Confession

Tay's P.O.V.

"This wine is fantastic," my mom commented, and Alex's mom nodded in agreement. I took a sip of my wine, only to be nudged lightly by Alex. Our parents were all engaged in a conversation, so I sent him a soft smile.

He bent down a little so no one else would hear and was already blushing. "This my be inappropriate, but you look really beautiful tonight," he commented and I blushed a little.

"Thanks, Lex," I said, smiling.

We returned to the dinner, and soon, it was over. We all got into Alex's car: his dad in the passenger seat and us girls in the back. We arrived back at my mom's house shortly after, and everyone said their goodbyes.

"I had a great time tonight," Alex said to me. I smiled and nodded.

"Me too," I admitted.

"Well, goodnight, Tay." He bent down and kissed my cheek before turning away and getting back into the car. He drove away with his parents and I felt my mom place her hand on my shoulder.

I turned and smiled at her before walking upstairs to my old bedroom. I decided to take a shower and just crash there for the night, so I grabbed the shorts and tank top I had brought before walking into the bathroom. The water ran as I closed the door and slowly pulled off my clothes.

After my shower, I combed and blow-dried my hair, brushed my teeth, and climbed into my bed. Staring up at the ceiling, I heard a light knock on the bedroom door.

"You can come in," I called softly. The door slowly opened as I continued to stare up at the ceiling. Someone walked in and laid down beside me. In slow motion, I turned my head and my brain couldn't seem to process the facial features at first. The beautiful, green eyes, the beautiful smile. "Jen," I breathed.

"Surprise," she whispered.

My first reaction was to climb on top of her and attack her lips. I giggled like an idiot as I kissed her, and she just smiled at me, keeping her arms around my waist.

When I pulled away, I lightly punched her in the arm.

"Why didn't you tell me you were back?" I nearly yelled.

"Because I wanted to surprise my beautiful girlfriend," she replied, still smiling.

"Well, mission accomplished. God, I've missed you so much."

Jenna just kept smiling. "I missed you too, Tay."

I smiled back at her, but it slowly faded. "Jenna, I'm so so sorry about everything. Really. I never should have let the Cassadee thing happen, never-"

Our lips were together and I closed my eyes, brushing my hair behind my ear so it was out of the way.

"I told you," she said when we pulled away, "I'm not mad. All that matters is that I have you right now, in my arms. I don't want to let you go again."

I smiled. "Did you forget about me?"

Jenna scoffed. "Why, I never!"

I laughed at her and shook my head. "Did you have fun in the little while that you were back home?"

She shrugged and then started to say something, but there was a knock on my bedroom door. I called for them to come in, and the door opened to reveal my sisters smirking in the doorway.

"Which one of you knew about this first?" I asked.

Sam grinned and raised her hand. They laughed and left, closing the door, and I looked back down at Jenna. She had kind of a lost look on her face as she reached a hand up to hold my necklace. She examined, turning it over in her hands. I leant down more and I watched her eyes quickly flick to my breasts before shooting up to my eyes.

Her cheeks flushed and she released the necklace, wrapping her arms around me again. I laid down right beside her, our arms still around each other.

The moment was calm, and sweet as I kept my head on her chest, my arm around her torso. The steady rise and fall of her chest and the light thump of her heart were the most soothing sounds I had heard since she left.

Then Jenna took in a deep breath, and I looked up at her because I knew she was going to say something. I don't think she meant to say it out loud, I don't really think she wanted me to hear this, but it made my heart flutter ridiculously.

"I think I want to marry you," she whispered.

Jenna's P.O.V.

Tay's eyes widened, and then I realized what I had said. Why did I say that out loud? That was probably the stupidest thing I could've accidentally said!

Her cheeks reddened as a small smile formed on her face.

"Really?" she asked.

I knew that I couldn't take it back now, since she already heard it, so I sighed nervously and sat up, Tay going with me. We sat in silence for a little bit as I bit my lip.

"Jenna, do you really want to marry me?" Tay asked.

"Yes," I admitted, looking over into her eyes. "I feel like I have been with you my entire life. Every time we're apart, I can't do anything. And just hearing your voice on the phone isn't enough, love. I have to have you by my side at all times to stay alive." Tay smiled and let out a small breath. "And yeah, of course I want to marry you. I want to marry you, and I want to have a family. I want to buy a house with you, and get a puppy! And, most importantly, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I'm not saying we go get married, like, right now, but in the future, that's what I want."

Tay smiled widely and I stared nervously at her, waiting for her to say something. Anything.

In a flash, Tay had me pinned to the bed, kissing me roughly. Her hand ran beneath my shirt as I gripped her hips and kissed back, trying to keep up with her ridiculously-fast pace. Eventually I just decided to let her have full dominance. This time. I mean, I'm definitely not complaining about being dominated by her. And it wasn't just kissing; she was grinding herself against me in a very needy way that made it really hard not to rip her clothes off.

After a while of rough kissing that I'm sure bruised my lips, and hips from her grinding, Tay pulled back with my bottom lip between her teeth. She let it fall back to its position and she smiled.

"I want to marry you, too," she said with that adorable half-smile.