Chapter 13: The Crystal's impossible powers

Yugi's POV:

I awoke  from my dream the next morning only to learn that I'm going to be late for school! This is so not good!

While in my panic I rush around failing to notice that Téa's been waiting for me all this time.

Téa's POV:

I'm waiting outside Yugi's house right now wondering when he's going to come out so we can walk to school together. 15 minutes have passed since I have been waiting here and I look down at my phone to see what time it was.

6:45?!? I internally panic. We're going to be late! Yugi, what's taking you so long?!

5 minutes later...

3rd POV:

" Sorry Téa, lets get going.."  Yugi said out of breath.

" Yugi! Don't you know we only have 10 minutes to get there?!?" Téa panicked.

When Yugi heard they only had 10 minutes to get there, he shouted, " 10 minutes!?! Téa we have to run!"

With that they both began running in the direction of their school.

8 mins of running later....

" Yugi, we're almost there...!" Téa says panting out of exhaustion.

" I know, we're gonna make it Téa!" Yugi exclaims also panting out of exhaustion.

All of a sudden the first warning bell that signals that there are only 2 minutes before the schools gates are to close rings. Upon hearing this the two friends start sprinting down the sidewalk in hopes that they make it in time, mean while a certain Brooklyn blond is in the same situation, unaware that he will actually make it to school on time due to an awesome power from an "unknown" force.

Yugi's POV:

Following the ringing of the first warning bell, Téa and I set about the rest of the trek to school sprinting faster down the sidewalk as to not be late. Téa more alarmed then ever shouts: " We're not going to make it!!" Making me feel even more on edge than before I knew I was going to be arriving tardy to school.

We were 1 and a half blocks away from the gate when the final warning bell began to resound. At that very moment, I found myself wishing that time would slow down or just stop completely so that both Téa and I could make it to school without having to worry about being scolded again for not being on time to homeroom.

Instantaneously after I had finished my silent plea, the Crystal that I had forgotten about during my panic appears in front of me casting a brilliant glow that turns into a blinding mixture of light Blue and White light that momentarily blinds us both and stops the flow of time before I even know what's happening.

When I am able to open my eyes once again, I glance to see that the Crystal is floating in front of me with the fading remains of the light it had once shown.

Returning to my surroundings I look over at Téa to see the expression of shock and disbelief reflecting off of her facial features. She then turns to me and asks: " Do you see what I'm seeing?" Taking her question into account I start to observe the environment, only to become just as shocked and disbelieving as my best female friend next to me.

Yugi /Yami Yugi's POV:

" Yugi... what just happened?" Asked my Pharaoh friend with a curious but alarmed tone.

I take another look around to see that the world has been drained of color looking like a drawing that someone left there without adding the colors of life to it. I then come to realize there is more going on here that anyone has yet to understand.