Chapter 18: Duels at sunset and Midnight confessions

3rd POV:

3 days later...

Blaze waits at the front gates of the Domino City High School for her new friends Yugi, Joey, Téa, and Tristan to get out of school. When they are released from school and walk to the gate they see her standing there being crowded by a large group of high school boys.

" Hey, what do ya dink you're doing?!" Joey said getting their attention.

" Yeah! Can't you see that she isn't comfortable with you hanging all over her?!" Tristan added.

" Uh huh! So why don't you go and find someone else to flirt with!" Yugi yelled protecting Blaze out of frustration.

When the group of boys separated and walked away from the Whitette woman, Yugi And the gang approached and greeted her.

" Hey Blaze, what brings you here?" Téa said speaking first.

" Hey guys. Just waiting here for you guys." Blaze replied.

" Oh? How come I thought you would be with Kaiba and his brother." Yugi pointed out.

" Yeah Blaze, I thought you would be doin' somedin' with dem too."
Joey agreed.

" Well.... Seto went to Kaiba Corp to work on something that has to do with updating the hologram technology for the Duel Disks or whatever... and Mokuba went with him. So I came here not only because you guys are my friends but because I am looking for something to do until one or both of them are free, and besides, I am not all that interested in doing something that I feel is similar to what I do back home." Blaze explains.

All of a sudden Duke comes running up seeing that his friends are still at the front gate and is talking within their small group not noticing that someone else is there.

" Hey, what are you guys still doing here?" Duke asked not yet noticing Blaze's presence.

" Hey man!" Tristan greets.

" Hey, what's up?!" Joey also greeted.

" Nothing much, but again what are you guys still doing here, I thought you would be at home or hanging out somewhere else by now?" Duke asks his friends again.

When they don't answer his question Duke looks to each of them expecting an answer and that is when he finally notices that Blaze is standing there.

"....,"

"Do you mind telling me who your new friend is... I don't think I have even met or even less seen her before." Duke said confused.

" This is Blaze, she just moved here to Domino, she currently lives with the Kaiba brothers since they surprisingly let her stay when they found her." Tristan said introducing her.

" Oh, well it's nice to meet you Blaze, I'm Duke Devlin."

" likewise Duke, and like Tristan said my name is Blaze, Blaze Dragon."

After the introduction Duke looks to Yugi and asks him a question that has been on his mind since the day he was sent crashing into the wall by the Crystal.

" Say Yugi, do you still have that strange Crystal that sent me across the lunchroom and into the wall?"

" No, I don't Duke, but there is someone here that does and you just met her." Yugi said pointing to Blaze.

" Oh?" Duke said confused and looked over at Blaze who was holding the Crystal on the ends of her middle and index fingers. ( her fingers look like this when holding the Crystal✌️)

" Yep, she is the owner of the Crystal after all and she is the only one who can control it."

Confused Duke asks her if she is still new here. Blaze says that she had been in Domino for over a month now making him even more confused.