Chapter 24: The Dragon Princess' departure

3rd POV:

"Seto....I need to tell you guys something..." Blaze says solemnly, but with recognizable sadness catching everyone else's attention.

"Blaze, what's the matter?" Téa asks her being the first to respond.

"Blaze..." Mokuba says walking closer to her, concern written on his face at her regretful expression.

"As much as I don't want this to, it has to happen...." Blaze said finding it becoming more and more difficult to speak as her voice weakens.

"Blaze?! Come on tell us what's da matta?! Why are you actin' dat way all of a sudden?" Joey queries worried about what she's going to say.

Blaze then glances up to them with tears threatening to spill over.

"Now that Volt has been defeated and all is at peace with your world... i'll have to leave." Blaze finally manages to tell them causing Seto's heart to nearly stop.

"Leave?!!" Everyone shouts in unison.

"Blaze, you can't leave!" Mokuba exclaims, Staring up at her with disbelief and pain stricken eyes.

"Not afta everyding we've been though togetha!" Joey yells out.

"How long do you have?" Yugi asked her hoping that they can at least have a little bit more time together, The others staring at her expectantly hoping for the same thing.

Sighing, Blaze turns her gaze to the sky and points to the east horizon making her friends all look at what she is directing them to.

"Till the moon is in its position signaling midnight." Blaze tells them which only devastates them further even though they still have the rest of the day and most of the night with her.

"Only till midnight..." Yugi says disappointed.

"Hey Yuge, if we only ave until midnight, let's make da most of it." Joey says enthusiastically.

"Yeah man, she already feels bad about it, why make it worse?" Tristan said agreeing with his Blonde friend.

"Then what are we waiting for?! Let's do something while she's still here!" Mokuba said regaining his positive attitude.

"That's what I was just thinking, Mokuba." Blaze then said smiling.

Seto's POV:

' I can't believe this is happening.... she's leaving?!? And I only have until midnight with her? NO! I can't lose her, not now, not ever! There has to be something I can do to make her stay....there just has to be.' I thought to myself after hearing what horrible event has to happen.

'Blaze, leave?! I don't think so...' I said in a low voice and it seems like Blaze, my brother and the geek squad didn't hear it.

I start thinking of ways to make sure Blaze stays here with me, after a moment or so I decide that maybe Mokuba could persuade her to think of a way to stay.

'Mokuba!' I yell to get my little brother's attention and he turns around to face me before running over to see what I wanted.

"What's up big brother?" He asks me.

'Mokuba...I need you to talk to Blaze and persuade her to stay with us.' I tell him and he gives me an unsure look.

"Seto, I don't want her to leave either....but, I can't just make up reasons or excuses as to why she can't..." Mokuba tells me and I kneel down to his height to make it easier for me to say what I need to so the others don't hear.

'Mokuba, I need you to do this for me...I.... I can't lose her. Losing her will be like losing a huge part of myself.' I told him trying to keep things together.