The movie theater (prinxiety and slight logicality)

Background: HUMAN AU. Roman is a popular kid. Virgil is NOT. Virgil works at the movie theater, a place Roman visits frequently.

Virgil POV

ugh. A new movie came out.
"Hi. Im Virgil. What can I get for you?" I tried to be happy but how can I be in this situation. I work at a movie theater for not that much money.
The person said their order and I got it for them.
Then, the last person I wanted to arrive walked up to my register.
"Hello! May I have a Coke and a small popcorn, with butter please?" He said.
This person is Roman Prince. Roman is the very top of the 'A' popular kids. Meaning he's a school-wide name. Football player and musical nerd. He's like Troy Bolton. But Roman being the height of popular isn't the problem. The fact that I have an overwhelming 3 and 1/2 year crush on him is. Yep, outcast has a crush on popular kid. If this is anything like a normal high school, things aren't looking good for the outcast.

Roman POV
Virgil hands me my items. Our hands touch ever so slightly, and im in love all over again. Virgil is this kind of outcast-y Connor Murphy* like kid who lives in black clothing. Not only is Virgil that, buts he's the boy im head over heels in love with. Of course its like forbidden one way love, because im destined with an 'A' popular girl. Even though im gay af. And, you know, theres no way in hell Virgil's ever going to like me so....
anyway, Patton, Avery and Grace eventually join me. Patton Foster, head cheerleader. Grace Jones, major thespian. Avery Walker, thespian and our schools widely known equality activist.
This was my main squad.
We walked into the movie (The Crimes Of Grindelwald) as Avery and Grace geek out about Harry Potter. Patton and I LOVE it too, but Avery and Grace are extremely obsessed. But im not complaining.
——————-> after the movie
I glance at Virgil once more. AHHHH! Why is he so cute! He sees me. Shoot. Abort. Abort. My squad walks out and we talk about the movie as Grace drives us home.

Virgil POV
My shift is finally over! Hallelujah. Logan waits for me while I ditch my apron and grab some popcorn, along with our go to candies. (Junior mints and Haribo gummy bears). the last showing of The Crimes Of Grindelwald for the night is about to begin so Logan and I sneak in.
Logan: my best and only friend. Aspiring engineer/astronomer. Captain of the Debate team.
"So, our next debate is on Women's Rights, on if women already have equal rights, or good enough rights or if they need more. So, we have to get outside help." Logan tells me.
"Outside help?" I ask.
"Avery Walker. We are enlisting upon a popular girl. I just hope we win!" Logan responds, not happy about Avery. I don't know much about her, except that shes Romans friend.
We go into the movie.
—————-> the next day
Romans POV
The next day, we're all still talking about the masterpiece that is The Crimes Of Grindelwald.
Until Avery begins to talk about the debate shes helping with.
"And the captain, Logan, is pretty smart but I don't think he likes me." She says.
Then I see Patton, who looks like a tomato.
Grace nudges him.
"Why so red?" She asks, giggling a bit.
"N-nothing." Patton responds.
Avery goes on the other side of him.
"You sure?" She asks.
"Y-yes."
"Okay!" The girls say at the same time. I swear, they're twins. Even though Grace has blonde hair with indigo streaks while Avery has almost black, blue hair. And Grace is super tall while Avery is super short.
Still. Twins.
We walk to class. Patton and I have algebra while the girls have Spanish. We would have the same classes but they're in Spanish 3 honors.
And im far from that.

"Everybody. Stand up!" My teacher instructs as we all stand.
"We are getting new seats!" She exclaims.
We all groan.
She reads off the tables and I zone out until my name is called.
Im at a table of four in the very back with Patton and the debate kid, Logan.
There is an extra seat next to me.
We almost begin class before a boy walks in.
Its Virgil.
Shoot. My seat was changed. My last spot was great for catching glances at him. Or maybe staring.
"Virgil! Why are you late?" My teacher asks.
"Sorry. I was helping clean paintbrushes. I have a pass." He mumbles.
He gives her the pass and then looks at the class.
"Oh! Right! We have new seats. I put you right in the back next to Roman." She says.
Crap.
Virgil POV
My fricking seat is next to fricking Roman who I think I might be in love with.
But at least I get Logan.
Theres another boy, Patton who Logan is in love with, though he'd never admit it.
————-> after school
"Dude. Can you believe your luck. You sit next to your lover boy...." I tease Logan.
We're sitting on my bed.
"Shut up. We are not together, I do not love him so therefore, he is not my 'lover boy'." He says.
"Its hard to believe you when you look like a tomato." I smirk.
"Stop. We need to work." He says.
We lay down on my carpeted floor and get to work.

———-> two weeks later
Patton POV
"He's just so cute!" I squeal, staring at Logan.
"TELL. HIM." Grace bangs the table. She really wants us together.
"Fine. Its about time I do." I try to be courageous.
I walk up to Logan.
"May I talk to you?" I ask him nervously. He gets up and walks away from Virgil. Virgil is the person who I think Roman likes. When he came out, he said he liked someone. I bet its Virgil.
"Hey." He says awkwardly.
"Hey, so, I-uh, I want to talk to you." I begin.
He takes a deep breath.
"I know we don't know each other that well but over the last couple weeks I realized that I like you. And not in a friend way. A romantic way. Sorry." I finally say.
"I like you too." His eyes were hopeful as I kissed him. IT WAS AMAZING. He was a really good kisser.
"So, what does this mean for us?" I ask.
"Ummm, we both like each other so, I guess, we date?" He responds.
"Then you are my boyfriend, if thats okay." I say.
"Thats more than okay." He breathes and we kiss once more.

———> after school. Pattons house

"So, your friends with Virgil, right?" I ask Logan, my boyfriend.
"He's my closest friend. Why?" He says back.
"Well, I was wondering if he knows Roman?" Im such a matchmaker.
"Oh, he knows Roman." Logan rolls his eyes.
"What?" I laugh.
"This is top secret that you can't tell anyone but he has a big crush on him. Don't tell Roman. He'll kill me." Logan rushes to say.
I smile.
"I think Roman likes him back."
"Well, ask him and if its a yes, we devise a plan."

——> the next day
"Oh. My. Goodness. FREAKING FINALLY!" Avery squeals. Im telling my friends about Logan and I.
"I KNOW! Its amazing. Also, Roman, can we talk?" Time to figure out if im right.
"Yeah, sure!" He replies and we walk away, letting Grace and Avery ship in peace.
"So, when you came out to me, you said you liked someone. Do you mind telling me who?" I ask once we're in private.
"Fine. ItsVirgilBlackoleasedonttellorimdeadbecausehellneverlikemebacksothereyougo." He says so fast its hard to even know that he was even speaking English.
"What?" I say.
"Ugh. Its Virgil Black. Im in love with him, I think. But he's as far from my friend group as possible. He's not 'A' popular like us. But he's so cute and funny and sweet." Roman spills.
I KNEW IT!

——-> end of the week
Virgil POV
We've been sitting by Roman and his crew since Patton and Logan got together. And now I know im in love. Roman looks at me a lot. Avery, Grace, Patton and Logan always whisper whenever he stares at me. Its like he enjoys me being around. Not like that would ever happen.
Until I figure out that it would.
By the end of the lunch period, apparently, Avery has had it.
"Okay. I gotta say. Virgil. Roman is in love with you. But before you get pissed, Roman, know that Virgil loves you back." She practically yells.
Now we're both blushing like crazy.
HE LOVES ME?
Its unreal. Unfathomable. Insane.
I don't really believe it until he kisses me.
And then all I can think is
HOLY SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS IM KISSING ROMAN PRINCE. AND HES KISSING ME BACK.
It was heaven.
He's SUCH a good kisser.
By the end of the day, we're boyfriends. Woah. Boyfriends.
MY BOYFRIEND IS ROMAN PRINCE!!!!
Im freaking out.

———> two weeks later, at the debate
Here we are. Avery and Logans debate about Women's rights.
They're on FIRE up there. The other team is dying of both embarrassment and just the sheer fact that they know they are wrong.
Roman and I are in the second row of the auditorium, watching it go down. We're holding hands and smiling, proud of our best friends.

A/N
Y'all. This chapter is 1590 words. You're welcome everyone for long trash! I based the characters of Grace and Avery off of one of my friends and I. I really hope you enjoy this, it took a good amount of time and creativity. Sorry for all the perspective changes and funky format. I really should go to sleep now. Peace out y'all✌️
~Brynlee